Gap Tag

topic posted Mon, March 8, 2004 - 9:29 PM by  Dan
Share/Save/Bookmark
Advertisement
Anyone ever play Gap Tag? I don't remember where I heard about this but it's sure fun to play. Basically you and a few friends go into a Gap and try to make it from the front of the store to the back and then to the front again without a salesperson asking you if you need help. Costumes and strange evasive action make this all the more fun.
posted by:
Dan
offline Dan
Advertisement
Advertisement
  • Re: Gap Tag

Mon, March 8, 2004 - 10:31 PM
    How the hell do you win that game?
    It sounds impossible to me.

Tue, March 9, 2004 - 6:07 AM
      I work near a downtown mall that we're connected to via walkway (our company's building used to be an anchor department store that closed a few months after the mall opened). Anyway, a group of us walk over for coffee/a walk twice a day, and generally pop into stores to see what's on the ultra-cheap 75%+ off discount racks in the back. In GAP, I've been approached by a clerk maybe one time in five, if that. And once or twice I've had other customers ask me for assistance--on the basis of my ID tag, I suppose. I certainly don't think I dress like a GAP employee.... I'd be drummed outta employment there in a minute!

Tue, March 9, 2004 - 6:30 AM

That reminds me of when I've been stopped in stores and asked: " Do you work here " ? I usually say yes, how may I help you ... depending on if they ask nicely and if I can assist them, I generally do ... but for the few ones that are complete and utter assholes I have the enjoyment of telling them things like: " No Ma'am we do NOT take back any merchandise, even with a receipt. If you don't like it, why don't you speak to my manager over there ? " ( and then I point her out to an unsuspecting employee while I duck out ) ...

I wonder if you could get a GAP employee believing you just got hired and that you worked there ? When they ask if they can help you, just shake your blond hair and laugh and say: " Oh silly, I work here too, isn't that great ? " Or you could work @ a sister store in a close by mall ... engage them in deep and interesting discussions about shrinkage & the proper fold for a gap sweater ...

I'm off to slip into a pair of Khakis ...

Tue, March 9, 2004 - 10:31 AM
      Ist one out wins--thats how I've played it. The object is to go in there looking a bit out of place and obviously evading the empoyees. Getting close then running away when they are about to ask if you need assistance. Remember this game isn't about winning so much as altering peoples reality.

Tue, March 9, 2004 - 1:13 PM
    The only time I can remember ever going into one of those places was with three other people, all of us dressed in black leather, arm in arm. We sang and danced (Beatles, IIRC) a circuit through the store and back out again. After the initial shock, all the employees seemed to enjoy it.

Thu, March 11, 2004 - 1:35 PM
    So sounds like a footrace ending in crashing into (and hopefully knocking over) one or more clothing racks while wearing large stuffed animal type outfits would be a good way to pull this off.
  • other games -

Mon, March 15, 2004 - 11:17 AM
    I used to do scavenger hunts in Ohio. Meijers is a little like Wal-mart, with all the nasty employment habits and censorship tendencies - only the stores are much bigger, and open 24/7, and always in the middle of some sprawling subdivision in the midwest. We'd show up at some obscure hour, a whole bunch of us with multicolored hair, or in drag, or whatever. Each team would get a shopping cart, and the goal was to be the first to get twenty items of whatever the assigned color for your team was. Whoever got orange *always* grabbed the chainsaw.