Weather

Traffic

Yellow Pages

Jobs

Real Estate

Classifieds

Menlo Park, CA

Tongan Community Demands Answers to Fatal Shooting

Officials have released the name of a sheriff's sergeant involved in a fatal shooting in East Palo Alto that left a 16-year-old Tongan boy dead.

Read All 121 Comments

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 121
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Chris
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2006

The Tongan community is outraged about this boy's death at the hands of police officers, but let me ask you a question: do you think the Tongan community in EPA is outraged by the disproportionately high percentage of violent crimes they commit on the Peninsula?

I fully support EPA police on this one.

-Chris
EME
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2006

Chris wrote:
The Tongan community is outraged about this boy's death at the hands of police officers, but let me ask you a question: do you think the Tongan community in EPA is outraged by the disproportionately high percentage of violent crimes they commit on the Peninsula?
-Chris
Are you serious?

If a white person is killed by a police officer. And his relatives are outraged about his killing. Should all white people be concern about the high percentage of not only violent crimes, but HATE crime, WHITE collar crime and the RACSIM that white people commit throughout the penisula?

Im not defending the little boy, but the evidence is not adding up?

Officials are claiming the young boy fired TWO shots but yet, they don't know how many SHOTS the police officers shot??

Also, they out of two Menlo Park Police Offices involved in the incident, they don't know who SHOT the kid, whether justified or not?

Give me a break...
Observer
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2006

They have the information but due to the community's inability to act rationally, they wait until they can release facts instead of possible scenarios. This comminutiy already shows it ignorance almost as bad as LA during the King Riots. We don't like what happened so lets burn and riot. And you wonder why EPA is looked at as a sewer. Blaming cops for keeping you down. Why don't you blame the Hispanics when it's a Norteno v Sureno? Or Tongan on Tongan? Its funny how no one cooperates with them when they try to investigate it but still blame them. When the next Black on Black homicide happens in EPA, You gonna say its the PD's fault?
THINK FIRST
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2006

we need to stop blaming the cops for all the wrongs that goes on. parents do your job by teaching your kids from wrong to right. we keep blaming the cops for doing their job. if it was a tongan or black cop shoting their own kind there wouldn't be any of this kind of crying from the community. and i'm from the island. they are our heros. whatever kind of job we do for life to earn a living, there are always bad people there working side by side with you and i so yes there are bad cops out there but not all are bad, give them a break. not all cops are bad. they have families too.
EME
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2006

I guess none of you have been a victim of police brutality, But when you do, welcome aboard.

I use to support police departments. I am a very patriotic American, I even served TWO tours in Iraq.

But after being arrested when I was the actual victim just because of the color of my skin, my philosophy changed
Justice
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2006

EME wrote:
I guess none of you have been a victim of police brutality, But when you do, welcome aboard.
I use to support police departments. I am a very patriotic American, I even served TWO tours in Iraq.
But after being arrested when I was the actual victim just because of the color of my skin, my philosophy changed
Police brutality usualy happens to people who find themselves in compromising situations.
umm
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2006

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Police brutality usualy happens to people who find themselves in compromising situations.
That's not necessarily true.
Yogi
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2006

to be a victim of police brutality no need for compromising situation... all u need to be is a minority in the ghetto with some over stressed cops thats all u need.. anyway sounds like this youngster wasnt to brite pulling a gun on a cop in the ghetto u better be good or you will be dead.
THINK FIRST
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2006

just for your info i was i a victim back at hawaii, so don't talk to me about victim. i was in bad shape when they were done with me and i was from the ghetto. look at the whole picture first that all i'm saying.
EME
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2006

THINK FIRST wrote:
just for your info i was i a victim back at hawaii, so don't talk to me about victim. i was in bad shape when they were done with me and i was from the ghetto. look at the whole picture first that all i'm saying.
A victim of police brutality? Don't think so, because if you did, you would understand.
Justice
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2006

Yogi wrote:
to be a victim of police brutality no need for compromising situation... all u need to be is a minority in the ghetto with some over stressed cops thats all u need.. anyway sounds like this youngster wasnt to brite pulling a gun on a cop in the ghetto u better be good or you will be dead.
I have a relative who has tatoos everywhere and dresses like a thug and this guy gets pulled over by the police all the time. He doesn't have a record but he looks like the usuall suspect and thats what he gets for looking thst way. So what im saying is if you choose to look like a thug the police will pay more attention to you. And if you act stupid when you get this attention(try to keep it real) then you may get a beat down. All these things i mention are avoidable.....
THINK FIRST
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2006

for your info EME, it was police brutality!!!!! at age 14. i don't have to tell you what happen. i have live that life myself. i saw parents blaming the police for EVERYTHING!!!! and poor child of mind and that's bull. parents will always believe what they hear from their kids and family members. not unless they have a family member in the force. and no i don't know anyone in the force.

Comments: 21
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2007

Chris wrote:
-Chris
Are you really serious?
You have got to be out of your mind. Can you back up what you're saying, NO. So you need to shut up. You might give me all this crap like What about when ... But, were you actually there to witness it. NO I didn't think so. Unless you were there don't give me all this crap about Tongans and a high percentage of violent crimes. Yeah Tongans have committed crimes but don't sit there and act like one of the worst crimes was committed by a Tongan person. Take for example the terrorists attacks on 9/11.(I don't say this to offend anyone). Were they Tongan terrorists. NO, so don't try and say stupid bullshit like that. Another example is the Menendez Brothers. There are so many other crimes that you need to be worried about.

As a person of Tongan descent I can say that some Tongans if not all work 3 dead end jobs just to support for their families. Tongan children go to school and study hard because they see the struggles that their parents are going through and want to go to college. We try so hard to do things that will make life for us easier but people like you just want to sit their and criticize.

Fuckin ass wipe say something else about Tonagns and I will definitely have something more to say.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2007

Yogi wrote:
First off you didn't even know him okay. You judging him by what you hear from the media is stupid. I knew him and he was a brite person bitch!!!!!!! He would always come to the bus stop prepared and ready to go to school. Don't try and tell me that he wasn't a brite person. Please save you breathe.
Another thing I have to say is that you don't know what it's like to live or grow up in the "Ghetto" or whatever you want to call it. Some people who live their don't have any money to live in a nice suburban neighborhood. You don't know how we live life unless you've been in someones shoes that came from the"Ghetto".
I don't recall you being at the scene of the crime. Stop jumping to conclusions about minorities.
And how the hell do you know that he did pull a gun on them. You can't trust the media because they say what they want to say and everyone believes it. I don't

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2007

EME wrote:
I agree that sometimes people are just judged just by the color of their skin and not by the content of their character.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2007

Some of the things you people have to say is bullshit. Most if any of you didn't even know him okay.
Oak Town
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

RIP MAiKOLO wrote:
Some of the things you people have to say is bullshit. Most if any of you didn't even know him okay.
Beleive us, we don't want to know him! Why is the Tongan community demanding answers? Ist it a little toolate? they should be demanding their children toay home and not run the streets. They should do their jobs as parents and demand to know where their kids are at all times. i feel sorry for you and your ghetto friends. You should set an example for your community and stop running your mouth!
206 love
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

Oak Town wrote:
<quoted text>
Beleive us, we don't want to know him! Why is the Tongan community demanding answers? Ist it a little toolate? they should be demanding their children toay home and not run the streets. They should do their jobs as parents and demand to know where their kids are at all times. i feel sorry for you and your ghetto friends. You should set an example for your community and stop running your mouth!
no its neva too late yah hea because if u were put in this situation then you'll prolly realize the pain that the tongan community is goin thru aight and umm the parents of the boi or any parents dont have to demand dea kid to stay home. because they wanna get out and smell da fresh air and have a damn life aight and the fact that u prolly dont have any kids and ur runnin your damn mouth about being a parent and demand ur damn kid to stay home is really none of ur damn biznizz aight cuhz ur not in da kid shoe or ur not the one tryin to live life to da fullest aight why dont chu just leave the tongan community alone so they can find there answer to this shit aight peace. oh and umm if i were u i woulndnt talk about the ghetto cuhz if u step in the ghetto u knoe how it feels to be in the ghetto and how it is to be ghetto aight so if i were i would shut the hell up cha feel meeh
Deuce oh Six of in da house nd payin some respect for the fellow youngin.
RIP
Oak Town
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

206 love wrote:
<quoted text>
no its neva too late yah hea because if u were put in this situation then you'll prolly realize the pain that the tongan community is goin thru aight and umm the parents of the boi or any parents dont have to demand dea kid to stay home. because they wanna get out and smell da fresh air and have a damn life aight and the fact that u prolly dont have any kids and ur runnin your damn mouth about being a parent and demand ur damn kid to stay home is really none of ur damn biznizz aight cuhz ur not in da kid shoe or ur not the one tryin to live life to da fullest aight why dont chu just leave the tongan community alone so they can find there answer to this shit aight peace. oh and umm if i were u i woulndnt talk about the ghetto cuhz if u step in the ghetto u knoe how it feels to be in the ghetto and how it is to be ghetto aight so if i were i would shut the hell up cha feel meeh
Deuce oh Six of in da house nd payin some respect for the fellow youngin.
RIP
What? First of all, I can't understand your writing. Second, for your info I have children and when they need a breath of "fresh air" I take them to the park or just go for walks. I don't let them roam the streets like animals. So, I don't think I'll ever be in this situation because I don't ask for it like all of you. If your're not going to do your job as a parent, then don't cry about it when something happens to your child.
He dies
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2007

Oak Town wrote:
<quoted text>
What? First of all, I can't understand your writing. Second, for your info I have children and when they need a breath of "fresh air" I take them to the park or just go for walks. I don't let them roam the streets like animals. So, I don't think I'll ever be in this situation because I don't ask for it like all of you. If your're not going to do your job as a parent, then don't cry about it when something happens to your child.
lmao. you go ahead and let it be known. i agree with you 100% and im a tongan lady. i even knew the little boy. Practically grew up around the same people and i gots to admit, he was a wannabe gangster and i believe in my heart that he got the business because he deserved it. Rest In Peace my ass. he went around shooting at innocent people, threatening families prior 2 that incident that got him shot up and killed. ahaha. he's been disqualified and i pray that happeneds to the rest of his shitty little friends and cousins.
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 121
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Menlo Park Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sunnyvale shooting suspect's felony rap sheet May 29 Gallowstime 5
Tongan Nation Forgives Teen Driver for Deaths o... (from Jul '06) May 27 LOST 2 4
Police seeking answers in Brass Rail double hom... May 24 janae 1
Victim Dies After Highway 84 Menlo Park Shooting May 23 TheNeighbor 6
Summit Fire: Gilroy transformed into firefighte... May 23 Rob Rideout 1
Cameras snag 70 alleged red light runners at de... May 21 tom H 4
Sunnyvale Police Name Suspect In Double Homicide May 21 Sunnyvale 4