topix
Advertisment

Forum & Polls

News

NewsWire

2008 Presidential Election

Yesterday

Nader: Does Obama Want to "Talk White?"

Groan. Ralph Nader, who many cite as the reason Bush won Florida, and thus the election, in 2000, is running for President again. Obviously he has no chance of doing anything except possibly handing another election to the GOP, but besides that, he truly needs to think before speaking.

In an interview with the Rocky Mountain News, Nader was asked if he thought Obama was any better than any other recent Democratic candidate.

Read All 145 Comments

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 145
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Retardican
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Nader should know he has to "talk on eggshells" when discussing race. A candidate can't just go throwing out phrases like that, or they'll be taken out of context and exploited as headlines by partisan reporters and bloggers.

But like the reporter, I'm also disgruntled with Nader's role as a spoiler.

Comments: 7655
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Nader is a nut job but there are many in the party that are even farther left than Obama so it's not surprising to hear this from him.
Adrian Velasquez
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Ralph Nader is a viable candidate and does have a real chance at the White House if only he can get into the debates.He beats Obama on all the issues,like single payer universal healthcare,the Iraq war,corporate crime,putting a wall street speculation tax on oil companies,a living wage,no to nuclear power,yes to solar power,16 year olds having the right to vote,they work,pay taxes thats taxation without representation,the media blackout on Ralph Nader is shameful and goes against everything our founding fathers wanted for this great country.
x-nutmegger
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Nader is the true Social Progressive that Hillary , Pelosi and Obama pretend to be.

Ralph has it right. As he knows the Dems need corp. money to grease the wheels of their aspirations.

So all the Dems do is create their favorite corp.buddy list to compete with the GOP corp buddy list and play the same game but in different uniforms.

Nader and McCain have a better vision of corp. influence than Obama . Obama just has a list that is " Change of Players " not change of game.

Check Obama's and McCain's buddies here.

www.opensecrets.org
Adrian Velasquez
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Retardican wrote:
Nader should know he has to "talk on eggshells" when discussing race. A candidate can't just go throwing out phrases like that, or they'll be taken out of context and exploited as headlines by partisan reporters and bloggers.
But like the reporter, I'm also disgruntled with Nader's role as a spoiler.
Saying someone is a spoiler is political bigotry.Either everyone has is a spoiler or everyone has the equal right to run for president.Is this a democaracy or a two party dictatorship?
dontlknutcrm
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Nader always looks like he needs a shower.
Adrian Velasquez
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

The laughing liberal wrote:
Nader is a nut job but there are many in the party that are even farther left than Obama so it's not surprising to hear this from him.
The real nut jobs are people like you who keep supporting the two-party corporate owned political system!

Comments: 1268
Cleveland
ISP Location: Lakewood, OH
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Nadar wants to know if Obama wants to "talk white?" What does that mean? First, CNN asks if Obama is black or bi-racial. Now Nadar wants to know if Obama wants to talk "white". Why is all this race-bating language being thrown at one candidate? If we have progressed, moved on, grown beyond race, then why do ignorant statements like these keep popping up?

“Time for Change”

Comments: 742
ISP Location: Maysville, NC
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Who is this guy? I think he should just shut his trap.

Comments: 212
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

dontlknutcrm wrote:
Nader always looks like he needs a shower.
He looks like that old man down the street that molest children. Go on family watchdog and see the comparisons.
Truth Defined
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Adrian Velasquez wrote:
Ralph Nader is a viable candidate and does have a real chance at the White House if only he can get into the debates.He beats Obama on all the issues,like single payer universal healthcare,the Iraq war,corporate crime,putting a wall street speculation tax on oil companies,a living wage,no to nuclear power,yes to solar power,16 year olds having the right to vote,they work,pay taxes thats taxation without representation,the media blackout on Ralph Nader is shameful and goes against everything our founding fathers wanted for this great country.
Did you read the article? Sounds like Nader wants to have the "Robin Hood" effect--take from the rich and give to the poor. Obama, at least, seems to focus on how to make the economic process better for Americans at ALL spectrums of income.
Mike
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Adrian Velasquez wrote:
<quoted text>The real nut jobs are people like you who keep supporting the two-party corporate owned political system!
The real nut jobs are the ones supporting Obama...
JohnP
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

I don't buy this spoiler nonsense. people who vote for Nader (or Barr or any other 3rd party candidate) are people who don't like either major party candidate. I can't imagine someone voting for Nader if they cared about Gore beating Bush. Maybe if an election was expected to be a blow out, someone might vote 3rd party to send a message. But not when the election is expected to be close.
Retardican
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Adrian Velasquez wrote:
<quoted text>Saying someone is a spoiler is political bigotry.
I'm not a candidate, so I don't have to talk on eggshells. He's a spoiler.
Retardican
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

jenny623 wrote:
Nadar wants to know if Obama wants to "talk white?" What does that mean? First, CNN asks if Obama is black or bi-racial. Now Nadar wants to know if Obama wants to talk "white". Why is all this race-bating language being thrown at one candidate? If we have progressed, moved on, grown beyond race, then why do ignorant statements like these keep popping up?
In context, Nader was just saying Obama avoids talking about issues specific to African Americans.

In a headline, it makes you believe he's saying something racist.

You've been punkt!
Good for Ralph
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Notice how the press loved McCain when he was a "maverick"? So very committed to principle.
Now for the reality check. There are no principles with the press. If you threaten to upset their agendum you will be trashed.
How did Nader spoil the 2000 election? Everyone voted the way they wanted and someone was a winner. Did Nader owe Gore anything?
Retardican
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

JohnP wrote:
I can't imagine someone voting for Nader if they cared about Gore beating Bush.
That's true of some. They believed that a Bush administration would be no worse than a Gore administration.

Others did have enough brain cells to understand the difference, but were making a sophomoric "statement" with their votes.

They did not believe their votes counted, nor did they understand that "the lesser of two evils" is the most powerful vote an American ever gets to cast.
x-nutmegger
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Truth Defined wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article? Sounds like Nader wants to have the "Robin Hood" effect--take from the rich and give to the poor. Obama, at least, seems to focus on how to make the economic process better for Americans at ALL spectrums of income.
Sorry I haven't heard anything specific from Obama but give me a $1000 tax break but raise my taxes on my 401k withdrawls from 15% to 28%.
If I take $10,000 out of my 401K to put a roof on my house McCain will let me keep $8500. Obamamessiah will let me keep $7,200 .

The 3 handed card game he proposes would still ding me $300 more than McCain would.

As a matter of fact for every $100 I have in my 401K Obamamessiah is laying claim on an additional $13.00.
So if I had a $100,000 which many Baby-Boomer retirees have it will take 13 years to get even with Obamamessiah's plan.
Blame The Republicans
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

BARACK OBAMA LEADS BY 12 POINTS ACCORDING TO AN LA TIMES / BLOOMBERG POLL.

Barack Obama has managed to pile up a double digit lead over John McCain, according to an LA Times/ Bloomberg Poll. Respondents split 49% to 37% for Obama in a head-to-head match.

Obama's 12 point lead only grows when pollsters throw independent candidate Ralph Nader and Libertarian Bob Bar into the mix. On a four man ballot voter's support grows for Obama, 48% to 33%, giving him a 15 point spread over McCain.
Retardican
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Yesterday

Judged:

Blame The Republicans wrote:
On a four man ballot voter's support grows for Obama, 48% to 33%, giving him a 15 point spread over McCain.
This is an illustration of the spoiler effect.

Nader's influence is negligible this time, because left-leaning voters were burned so badly in 2000, their wounds still sting.

Barr is the spoiler in this race, because he is taking votes away from McCain. The right wing has already forgotten about how Ross Perot gave them a Clinton Administration.
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 145
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent 2008 Presidential Election Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obama builds a 12 point lead 1 min JohnInLa 1093
Is Obama an authentic Christian? 1 min Sloppy Joe 498
What else rhymes with Obama? 2 min Da DMPz 5
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband 2 min buyerbeware 3000
Don't be fooled by Obama 2 min realist 601
Polls: Less-educated whites hurt Obama 4 min Sparky 2292
Obama disagrees with high court on child rape case 4 min Death penalt... 423