no soul
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jun 2

Judged:

go see some dead corpses and see what they have to say.

http://www.atheists.org/Atheism/mind.html
Ghost Rider
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

no soul wrote:
The body is just the house that our souls live in. That is what death is. The soul leaving the body. When the soul leaves the body, it goes to another place and no longer needs the body. No, a corpse in not going to answer you. There is no life left in the body. The soul has departed.

Comments: 3202
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

There's no real reason to believe that there's something there after we die.
The Doctor
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

I tend to think there is but I have no proof nor am I going to try to convince others one way or another. I could be wrong about "after-life" but if so I'll be dead so it wouldn't matter.
Ghost Rider
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

Tove wrote:
There's no real reason to believe that there's something there after we die.
Tove, there is life after death, but not in that body. We have moved to a higher plane of existance.

Comments: 3202
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>Tove, there is life after death, but not in that body. We have moved to a higher plane of existance.
I have no reason to believe anything else that I am my brain and when my brain is not functioning I will be gone.
Anything else is wishful thinking.
BloodyViking
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>Tove, there is life after death, but not in that body. We have moved to a higher plane of existance.
You are certainly free to believe that, but, as Tove said, there is no reason to believe in any sort of existance (except as a rotting corpse) after death.
freewheeler
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

so why keep on living?....its going to end ,and then an eternity of never existing again..right?

why do we keep on going on?.....just to accumulate a few more toys ,and then nothingness?...

another meal... another good time..and then the lights go out?...

non-existance?....sounds real, real ,depressing...

whats it all about?....why are we here?....an accident of this magnitude?...

how can you go on ,if you believe its all for nothing ...our existance...the beatniks were nihilistic,they believed in nothingness....most ended up commiting suicide to end the pain of existing NOW,rather than extend it for another 30 or 40 years....

it will come to an end folks...no matter how long you prolong it.....maybe better to have some hope?....

better maybe to believe we were created, and loved by god,and his son died so we could have eternal life.....hope versus hopelessness...

Comments: 77
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

people only believe there is something after death because in our heads, we can't picture "nothing" or "eternity". We only imagine something that we can understand. I personally think there is nothing.
Mike
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

If there isnt anything after this then we should all kill ourselves right now.
Larry
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

freewheeler wrote:
so why keep on living?....its going to end ,and then an eternity of never existing again..right?
why do we keep on going on?.....just to accumulate a few more toys ,and then nothingness?...
another meal... another good time..and then the lights go out?...
non-existance?....sounds real, real ,depressing...
whats it all about?....why are we here?....an accident of this magnitude?...
how can you go on ,if you believe its all for nothing ...our existance...the beatniks were nihilistic,they believed in nothingness....most ended up commiting suicide to end the pain of existing NOW,rather than extend it for another 30 or 40 years....
it will come to an end folks...no matter how long you prolong it.....maybe better to have some hope?....
better maybe to believe we were created, and loved by god,and his son died so we could have eternal life.....hope versus hopelessness...
You guys arn't real!!!!! Your all just figments of my imagination.
Larry
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 5

Judged:

I don't know if there is or not, and I'm starting to not really care. I look at things as though there isn't anything and its my responsibility to ensure a quality of life for future generations. I wish we could all think that way.

Christians only seem to be concerned with the end times. Not really for enhancing society. The best thing I did was stop believing in a christian God. I take full responsibility for everything. I no longer feel the need to pray to a being who never reveals himself and rely on him for strength and courage to do the things I should be doing and finding the strength and courage from within. Its a new found fredom. I've broke the bonds and loosed the chains. Its a freedom I've never felt before.

Good luck to all in your quest, and excuse me while I live my life..........
Idi O Syncrasy
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jun 6

Judged:

Larry wrote:
I don't know if there is or not, and I'm starting to not really care. I look at things as though there isn't anything and its my responsibility to ensure a quality of life for future generations. I wish we could all think that way.
Christians only seem to be concerned with the end times. Not really for enhancing society. The best thing I did was stop believing in a christian God. I take full responsibility for everything. I no longer feel the need to pray to a being who never reveals himself and rely on him for strength and courage to do the things I should be doing and finding the strength and courage from within. Its a new found fredom. I've broke the bonds and loosed the chains. Its a freedom I've never felt before.
'The Amen, the faithful and true witness, the source of God's creation, says this:
"I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot.
So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

For you say,'I am rich and affluent and have no need of anything,' and yet do not realize that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.
I advise you to buy from me gold refined by fire so that you may be rich, and white garments to put on so that your shameful nakedness may not be exposed, and buy ointment to smear on your eyes so that you may see.
Those whom I love, I reprove and chastise. Be earnest, therefore, and repent.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,(then) I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me.
I will give the victor the right to sit with me on my throne, as I myself first won the victory and sit with my Father on his throne.
"Whoever has ears ought to hear what the Spirit says." Rev.3:14-22
Crazy Horse
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jun 6

Judged:

Yes there is . . . taxes
BloodyViking
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jun 6

Judged:

Mike wrote:
If there isnt anything after this then we should all kill ourselves right now.
That makes no sense whatsoever. If anything, it is the believers who should be in a huury to get to the "other side", as they think there is wonderfulness waiting for them there.

I cannot comprehend the mindset which leads to the belief that the lack of an afterlife should be a depressing idea. It isn't.

Perhaps it is your own belief in Heaven leading you to think that way, as you see missing out on Heaven as a horrible idea. The thing is, to those of us who don't believe, there is nothing to miss out on. Oh sure, an eternity in happyland sounds like a nice idea, but if you don't really believe in it in the first place, its loss is a non-issue.

Of course, I am just guessing. Could you, perhaps, explain your reasoning?
BloodyViking
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jun 6

Judged:

no soul wrote:
Cool article. Thanks.
Writing in Paradise
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jun 6

Judged:

Larry wrote:
Maybe it's time you stopped looking for merit in christianity and search elsewhere? My advice to you is to stop trying to fit into the christianity box and find a different box.

Christianity is for people who can't think their own thoughts, and are afraid of asking questions.
Writing in Paradise
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jun 6

Judged:

neslami wrote:
people only believe there is something after death because in our heads, we can't picture "nothing" or "eternity". We only imagine something that we can understand. I personally think there is nothing.
Actually I don't have any problem conceptualizing either nothing or eternity.
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 3951
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Poll: Are You For Or Against The Death Penalty? 1 min Breaveheart 374
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (from Jun '07) 9 min Dude 11410
We Don't Believe In God Here. No Believers Tha... 11 min Breaveheart 699
Poll: Does love come when you are not looking for it? 12 min andet1987 7
If God didn't create the universe, where did it... 12 min hinamanu 858
Poll: Most famous ugly woman? 13 min koRnspaWn 35
Poll: should andet1987 wear panties from now on ? 16 min andet1987 97