Advertisment

Join the Topix community today: 

| 

Sign In

Top Stories

Did Bush lead the US well during and after 9/11?

created by: Mike | Wednesday Jun 25

Click on an option to vote

votes

• Posted in the Top Stories Forum
  • Hot Polls | Recent Polls
  • Yes
  • No
  • Yes until the Iraq War

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 297
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:

“"Beer is proof God loves you" ”

Comments: 525
Monroe Township
ISP Location: Ashtabula, OH
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jun 25

Judged:

What comes to my mind when considering this question is the news video of Bush sitting dumbfounded in a second grade classroom as someone tells him about the 9-11 attack.

Comments: 231
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jun 25

Judged:

FOR ME I TOO LIKE THE MOVIE MICHAEL MOORE DID ABOUT THE 9/11
AND I SEE FROM WHAT HE SAID THAT MR BUSH WINNING THE ELECTION WAS A LIE.
I DID THE POLITACLE POLL FOR JOHN KERRY. AND BUSH
AND EVERYONE WHO WAS FOR BUSH SAID ITS CAUSE HE WAS A CHRISTIAN AND KERRY WASNT.
SO IF GOD AND MR BUSH ARE LIKE MINDED WHO WANT TO TRUST GOD FOR ETURNITY. CAN YOU IMAGINE HEAVEN LIKE THIS HERE IN THE US. WHERE THE EVIL RUN THE WORLD.
LOGIC IS THIS
AMERICA SAYS GOD BLESS
DO YOU SWEAR ON THE BIBLE TO GOD IN COURT
IN GOD WE TRUST
AND THEY EVEN PRAY TO HIM
THEY HAVE THE FOLDING OF THE FLAG RITUAL WHERE THEY HONOR THE JEWS AND THE CHRISTIANS
BUT THEY DONT TEACH THE BIBLE IN THEIR SCHOOLS THEY DONT TALK ABOUT GOD AT WORK YOU CAN LOOSE YOUR JOB IF YOU DO.
GOVERNMENT KNOW THE PRAYER OF THE OUR FATHER
HERE
OUR FATHER
YOU WHO DWELLS IN HEAVEN
HOLLOWED BE YOUR NAME
YOUR KINGDOM COME
YOUR WILL BE DONE
ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN
NOW IF THIS IS HIS WILL BY THE GOVENERNING PEOPLE
THEN THE TEN COMANDMENTS AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR
IS A BIG LIE
ITS SIN
GIVE PEOPLE WHO MAKE MOVIES OF SEXUAL ACTS MONEY TO START THE BUSINESS
AND BARS AND BOOKS GOSH I CAN GO ON AND ON ON GOVERNMENT LOANS
BUT FOR MR. BUSH WELL THEY WORK WITH THE VERY ONES WHO DID THE ATTACK. SO THEY SAY.
THE WAR IS COMMING BUT ITS GODS ANGELS NEXT
CAUSE THEY WHO MURDER IN THE NAME OF GOD
AND WRITE LAWS THAT MAKE GOD A LIAR
HERE THEY CAME FROM ROME AND ESTABLISHED THE ROMAN EMPIRE HERE STOLE THE LAND FROM THE TRIBES AND THEY BUILT FOR THEM SELF A WAY OF LIFE THAT THEY MAKE UP MONEY
MONEY IS MADE UP
IT WAS NOT HERE WHEN THEY GOT HERE.
WHO DID THEY BUY THE LAND FROM?????
NO ONE.
THEY LIE WHO ARE IN POWER NOW
THEY ARE THE MARK OF THE BEAST
IN JESUS NAME I KNOW FOR FACT NO MAN BORN OF THE SPIRIT CAN DO WHAT THIS GOVERNMENT OF PEOPLE DO
TAX YOU
STEAL YOUR MONEY
THEY DONT NEED IT
THEY MAKE IT UP
THERE IS NOTHING THAT BACKS UP A DOLLAR
WHAT THE HELL IS IT
A DOLLAR IS A PIECE OF PAPER WITH NO VALUE BUT THAT
WE ARE THE VALUE OF THE LAND AND FOR GOD WE ARE HIS MOST PRECIOUS GOLD AND SILVER
WE THE PEOPLE
ARE THE GOLD AND SILVER TO JESUS
JUDAS THREW BACK WHAT THEY JEWS GAVE HIM TO SELL OUT JESUS
SO IF AMERICA IS ONE NATION UNDER GOD
THEN THAT GOD IS SATAN
FOR GOD DOES NOT GIVE A LICENSE TO SIN OR HARM HIS NEIGHBOR
freedom for all is just that freedom
from oppression
from theift
from fear
from lies
from torture
from a governing people to harm you.
i was injured due to a drunk driver
i hit pavement
for me
i saw america and it was abuse drunk and stealing sex from the injured. mr brow thred to do something to me and the lady in the next bed stoped him. fear, is all america is
and not fear of god
Mike
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

3 Dog night wrote:
What comes to my mind when considering this question is the news video of Bush sitting dumbfounded in a second grade classroom as someone tells him about the 9-11 attack.
One of his aides had indicated to him that he should not react in any way that would cause a disturbance. The principal of that school and others in attendance praised him for how he handled the situation.
Waldo
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
One of his aides had indicated to him that he should not react in any way that would cause a disturbance. The principal of that school and others in attendance praised him for how he handled the situation.
Who are you trying to kid here? Bush sat in that classroom reading a story about a goat after he found out that the US was under attach so he wouldn't disturb the classroom? I don't know about you but people were plenty disturbed on that day. Did the school shelter these kids from the reality of the situation? I personally think that Bush wasn't wondering the stuff Michael Moore thought he was wondering about but was wondering "Where are my Secret Service guys?" The school visit was publized and if the US is under attack maybe they would go after him too? He could have excused himself calmly with just the words "I'm sorry I have to leave now -- DUTY CALLS."

His first public statement on 9/11 was that he promised there would be an investigation into what happened. Then he dragged his feet not wanting the investigation. If the Jersey Girls hadn't demanded the investigation it would never have happened. Even then, the White House dragged it's feet on providing information. They put a time limit and a budget limit on the process. And sure enough when the report came out, no one was to blame. Medal of Honors for everyone. I had hoped after the 9/11 attack we would get a stirring speech -- "There is nothing to fear but fear itself" "Ask not what your country can do for you but what can you do for your country." Instead we got the message of fear. Be afraid, be very afraid. But not so afraid that you won't go out shopping or take a vacation to Disney World. We got an never ending "War on Terror" where anything and everything can be done in the name of "National Security".

“I got that Fire”

Comments: 4996
Your Mama's House
ISP Location: Atlanta, GA
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

Well, good question....

He was in his first term when 9/11 happened. Historically after a war or tragic event, most officials or re-elected into the position they were serving when the attack happened.

I believe initially Bush did his job and the public wanted it to continue. I think we lost sight of what we were doing.
CBart95
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

3 Dog night wrote:
OK! Genius! How was he supposed to react? You're such an expert! An attack of that nature has never occured in recent history! He supposed to go into a "Song ans Dance"? Mr News Director?

He's the PRESIDENT OF THE MOST IMPORTANT NATION IN THE WORLD...and YOU! did'nt approve of how he handled the attack in front of 5-year olds?

Well, this is serious!
Running Bear
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

CBart95 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK! Genius! How was he supposed to react? You're such an expert! An attack of that nature has never occured in recent history! He supposed to go into a "Song ans Dance"? Mr News Director?
He's the PRESIDENT OF THE MOST IMPORTANT NATION IN THE WORLD...and YOU! did'nt approve of how he handled the attack in front of 5-year olds?
Well, this is serious!
He should have gotten up and immediately left. He is such a dunce he had no clue how to act. A pathetic excuse for someone who should be ready for ANYTHING.

Monroe Township
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

CBart95 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this is serious!
Now, now, let's not get our undies in a twist. I was only commenting on what was on tv. He was dumbfounded. Have you seen the item in question? It seems you are a tad too defensive which makes my observation all the more valid.
CBart95
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

3 Dog night wrote:
<quoted text>Now, now, let's not get our undies in a twist. I was only commenting on what was on tv. He was dumbfounded. Have you seen the item in question? It seems you are a tad too defensive which makes my observation all the more valid.
Don't be coy Pal! You were and are ridiculing your own Commander-in-Chief at one of our nation's most critical times. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself!
Neocons are Cowards
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

CBart95 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be coy Pal! You were and are ridiculing your own Commander-in-Chief at one of our nation's most critical times. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself!
HAHAHAHHA so anytime a republican ashwipe starts a war....you're not supposed to criticize him...because were at war!

Too funny!

Monroe Township
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

CBart95 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm... Let's see. As far as I know, we still have free speech in this country. That includes the right to criticize our leaders. Neocons like Bush, and obviously you, would like to take that right away. Sorry to disappoint you, but I will joint the ranks of thousands of Americans who chose to speak up against the many mistakes of our president and his administration. You can follow him blindly if you like, but not me.
Waldo
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

CBart95 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is being critical of the President the same as ridiculing him? As a patriotic American we can and should question the President. That is why the White House has press conferences -- so questions can be asked and sometimes even answered. To say he looked a bit baffled by the announcement whispered in his ear when Andrew Card told him we were under attack is clear to see on the video. He sat there. All he had to do was say, "Excuse me class -- Duty calls, I have to leave." I don't think the kids would have been disturbed by a President taking action. I assume they eventually found out what happened and became disturbed by it just like everyone was that day and the days to follow.

That was just the first thing he did, or didn't do in response to 9/11.

“DO I GET ON YOUR NERVES? ”

Comments: 3226
chesterland, ohio
ISP Location: Boca Raton, FL
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

3 Dog night wrote:
<quoted text>Now, now, let's not get our undies in a twist. I was only commenting on what was on tv. He was dumbfounded. Have you seen the item in question? It seems you are a tad too defensive which makes my observation all the more valid.
once a moron always a moron..........what should he have done in front of those kids?.........jump up and down and start screaming..........you truly are a putz!
Waldo
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

dave_psl_fl wrote:
<quoted text>once a moron always a moron..........what should he have done in front of those kids?.........jump up and down and start screaming..........you truly are a putz!
I don't think anyone is suggesting that GWB should have paniced in front of the children in that class. But, why couldn't he have shown some leadership in that moment. He knew cameras were on him. A calm, reassurance that he was on the job would have gone a long way. Instead what we see is a deer caught in the head lights. I still don't understand why his handlers didn't handle him. Andrew Card could have told him, "I'm sorry sir, we have to go" and Bush calmly rise and thank them for their time but he had work to do. I don't think the kids would have been disturbed by the leader of the US having to get back to work at short notice.

“What a long, strange trip ...”

Comments: 6695
ISP Location: Macomb, IL
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

3 Dog night wrote:
I don't know about you, but when I heard of the attacks I sat dumbfounded too.

Look, I think this guy has been the absolute worst President in my lifetime, and that goes back to Eisenhower.

I also believe in keeping it real.

What, exactly, was he supposed to do? Information flowing to him was sketchy at best; the scale of the attack was unclear, and the systemic problems that caused all the confusion had nothing to do with THAT George Bush.

The last thing the United States needed to see that morning was the President of the United States freaking out. I'm sure he was, but he did his job - project as much of a business as usual attitude as he could under the circumstances.

George Bush has done plenty of things for which he deserves more than criticism - abject scorn seems more appropriate.

But, like I said, keep it real. The shining moments of his presidency were the two weeks following 9/11. If you WEREN'T dumbfounded on the morning of the attacks, there's something really wrong with you.

chesterland, ohio
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

Waldo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone is suggesting that GWB should have paniced in front of the children in that class. But, why couldn't he have shown some leadership in that moment. He knew cameras were on him. A calm, reassurance that he was on the job would have gone a long way. Instead what we see is a deer caught in the head lights. I still don't understand why his handlers didn't handle him. Andrew Card could have told him, "I'm sorry sir, we have to go" and Bush calmly rise and thank them for their time but he had work to do. I don't think the kids would have been disturbed by the leader of the US having to get back to work at short notice.
hind sights 20-20,i just don't like this guy 3 dog night..........he is and idiot.........and no one knows how they would have reacted in that situation unlesss you were him.........it is what it is and was a long time ago..........this thread was not started as a bush bashing thread, but the big dick 3 dog started it out that way..........just how many threads does there need to be to bash bush?.........hell if o go on an obama thread and say i will not vote for him i am called a racist....it's stupid and typical of the average liberal democrat

chesterland, ohio
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about you, but when I heard of the attacks I sat dumbfounded too.
Look, I think this guy has been the absolute worst President in my lifetime, and that goes back to Eisenhower.
What, exactly, was he supposed to do? Information flowing to him was sketchy at best; the scale of the attack was unclear, and the systemic problems that caused all the confusion had nothing to do with THAT George Bush.
The last thing the United States needed to see that morning was the President of the United States freaking out. I'm sure he was, but he did his job - project as much of a business as usual attitude as he could under the circumstances.
George Bush has done plenty of things for which he deserves more than criticism - abject scorn seems more appropriate.
But, like I said, keep it real. The shining moments of his presidency were the two weeks following 9/11. If you WEREN'T dumbfounded on the morning of the attacks, there's something really wrong with you.
i do not agree with all your thoughts about bush but i do agree that being dumbfounded at that moment was a human reaction..........3 dog night just hates bush so much he can't think straight..........oh well you all will have to decide who to bash next after november..........should be interesting to see what happens when mccain wins

Monroe Township
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

WildWeirdWillie wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about you, but when I heard of the attacks I sat dumbfounded too.
As president of the United States, he's not supposed to be dumbfounded. He's supposed to be in charged and act that way. And I was not dumbfounded. I was shocked and dismayed at the events of that day.

Monroe Township
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

Judged:

dave_psl_fl wrote:
<quoted text>i do not agree with all your thoughts about bush but i do agree that being dumbfounded at that moment was a human reaction..........3 dog night just hates bush so much he can't think straight..........oh well you all will have to decide who to bash next after november..........should be interesting to see what happens when mccain wins
No, you're wrong. You should never try to guess what someone else thinks. I don't hate Bush as a person. I think he's out of his league. He actually didn't want to be president. He was convinced to run by his neocon buddies. What I do have find disgusting is his tenure in office and his administration.

chesterland, ohio
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jun 26

3 Dog night wrote:
<quoted text>As president of the United States, he's not supposed to be dumbfounded. He's supposed to be in charged and act that way. And I was not dumbfounded. I was shocked and dismayed at the events of that day.
shocked and dismayed is a good description of dumbfounded..........
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 297
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers Rock 2 2 min Chris - PSL 14037
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (from Nov '07) 2 min E-Thug Life 16392
Blacks and white should not mix 3 min Hummm 270
Poll: why most white women prefer black men(the truth) (from Nov '07) 3 min oh yeah kiss... 4393
Poll: Should the US have universal healthcare? (from Oct '07) 4 min British Says 24517
Poll: Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (from Oct '07) 4 min The Constitu... 16172
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (from Jun '07) 5 min greedyjew 11495