Local: Los Angeles, CA  (change)

| 

Join the Topix community today: 

| 

Sign In

Advertisment
Top Stories

Is abortion OK if the baby has a disability?

created by: Emelsu | Feb 4, 2008

Click on an option to vote

votes

• Posted in the Top Stories Forum
  • Hot Polls | Recent Polls
  • yes. why?
  • no. why?
  • not sure. why?
  • in some cases its fine.
  • no abortion is ok
  • all abortion is ok
  • only if it's life threatening
  • other. what is the other?

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 1169
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:

“Hi Peoples =) ”

Comments: 516
a boring place
ISP Location: Cleveland, OH
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

I think all abortions are murder no matter how diffrent the baby will turn out.

“SUV's = real protection”

Comments: 2244
the woods, Pa
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

You are nothing short of a hypocrit if you are against abortion but havent adopted at least 3 children.

“ABORTION .....ONE HEART STOPS”

Comments: 13503
"ANOTHER HEART BREAKS"
ISP Location: South Bend, IN
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

I agree Emily, abortion is wrong and disrespectful to the woman and child,I know many who are disabled and live very productive lives.

Comments: 4
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

the answer to this question and to abortion in general is dependent upon one question: what are the unborn are. if the unborn (which have been proven logically and scientifically to be human) are human, then abortion is wrong no matter what reason one has for doing it; it would be murder. yet if the unborn are not human persons, then it is perfectly fine and no defense is needed for having an abortion. that's why i am always puzzled at why people who are for abortion always have to defend themselves: if it is not a person and rather just some tissue then why do you need to give a defense? it doesn't make too much sense. so, is abortion okay if a baby has a disability? that depends: if it is a human person inside the womb then no it is terribly wrong (it would be like a killing a 2 year old because it has a disability). if it is not a person (which would be hard to prove) then it's fin. yet, why would you need to bring "oh it has a disability" in for defense if it is not a person?

the woods, Pa
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
I agree Emily, abortion is wrong and disrespectful to the woman and child,I know many who are disabled and live very productive lives.
I know many who are disabled and want to die.

“Hi Peoples =) ”

a boring place
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

Tell-It wrote:
You are nothing short of a hypocrit if you are against abortion but havent adopted at least 3 children.
I'm not old enough to adopt yet but when I get older and have atleast one kid of my own and if my husband would be OK with it then I would adopt a kid but I dont know how many.

“Hi Peoples =) ”

a boring place
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

intuition is my homeboy wrote:
the answer to this question and to abortion in general is dependent upon one question: what are the unborn are. if the unborn (which have been proven logically and scientifically to be human) are human, then abortion is wrong no matter what reason one has for doing it; it would be murder. yet if the unborn are not human persons, then it is perfectly fine and no defense is needed for having an abortion. that's why i am always puzzled at why people who are for abortion always have to defend themselves: if it is not a person and rather just some tissue then why do you need to give a defense? it doesn't make too much sense. so, is abortion okay if a baby has a disability? that depends: if it is a human person inside the womb then no it is terribly wrong (it would be like a killing a 2 year old because it has a disability). if it is not a person (which would be hard to prove) then it's fin. yet, why would you need to bring "oh it has a disability" in for defense if it is not a person?
Even though that was a little confusing I think I understood what you said:)

the woods, Pa
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

Life is Precious wrote:
Not quite as disrespectful as handing a 15 year old rape victim a $290,000 bill (the price of raising a child from 0-18 years) AFTER she has been physically and emotionally scarred for LIFE.

“Hi Peoples =) ”

a boring place
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

Tell-It wrote:
<quoted text>
I know many who are disabled and want to die.
Yeah well there are "normal" people that feel suicidel to but that doesnt mean that all disableed people will turn out that way and you dont know for sure before they are born so that wont be a good reason to get an aborton(sense there is no good reason to get an abortion).

“Hi Peoples =) ”

a boring place
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

Tell-It wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite as disrespectful as handing a 15 year old rape victim a $290,000 bill (the price of raising a child from 0-18 years) AFTER she has been physically and emotionally scarred for LIFE.
Yes rape is a terrible thing but so is killing an inocent baby cause remember the baby did nothing wrong and the family can raise money in many diffrent ways to help her out.

the woods, Pa
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Judged:

Emelsu wrote:
<quoted text>Yes rape is a terrible thing but so is killing an inocent baby cause remember the baby did nothing wrong and the family can raise money in many diffrent ways to help her out.
Please, tell me how i could raise $290,000 within 9 months, or even $25000 for starters, and I will gladly go for that investment. And I am a self employed man with very good income, classified as upper middle class. What about a mother in the projects earning less than $20k a year? How is she to raise a child when she cant even raise herself? Should she feed it into the MILLIONS of children waiting to be adopted? Which brings me back to point A: how many children have you adopted? I have a teenage daughter who is on birth control so I dont have to do that. The "baby" is a blob of cells. Those who give you pics of a fully developed baby being aborted are incorrect. The blob of cells has no feelings nor pain receptors, and a trillionth of a seconds memory span. Thats why you cant remember being in your mothers womb.

And to top it off, do you think a teenage rape victim and her family actually WANT to raise a baby with her RAPISTS FACE? The face that is FOREVER BURNED INTO HER MEMORY???

the woods, Pa
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Emelsu wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah well there are "normal" people that feel suicidel to but that doesnt mean that all disableed people will turn out that way and you dont know for sure before they are born so that wont be a good reason to get an aborton(sense there is no good reason to get an abortion).
Do you really want a list of good reasons to get an abortion?

How about young age?

Rape victims?

Disabled/retarded?

Health problems?

Lack of income?

Please, dont get me wrong. I would love to live in a world where we could all have our children in harmony and not have these problems, but we do NOT live in that world.

Do you realise, that people will continue to do things, despite how illegal they are? Drugs? Murder? Rape? All illegal, yet all still practiced by many, many millions of people. Go ahead and outlaw abortion, and you will start to hear stories MUCH sicker than you hear today about home-made abortion labs and uncertified doctors OPERATING on patients in the middle of the woods in trailers and shacks, basements full of decomposing babies, young mothers dieing of infection, and so on.

“Hi Peoples =) ”

a boring place
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Judged:

Tell-It wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, tell me how i could raise $290,000 within 9 months, or even $25000 for starters, and I will gladly go for that investment. And I am a self employed man with very good income, classified as upper middle class. What about a mother in the projects earning less than $20k a year? How is she to raise a child when she cant even raise herself? Should she feed it into the MILLIONS of children waiting to be adopted? Which brings me back to point A: how many children have you adopted? I have a teenage daughter who is on birth control so I dont have to do that. The "baby" is a blob of cells. Those who give you pics of a fully developed baby being aborted are incorrect. The blob of cells has no feelings nor pain receptors, and a trillionth of a seconds memory span. Thats why you cant remember being in your mothers womb.
And to top it off, do you think a teenage rape victim and her family actually WANT to raise a baby with her RAPISTS FACE? The face that is FOREVER BURNED INTO HER MEMORY???
First of all I already answered your question about if I have adopted and also there may be alot of kids needing to get adopted but there is alot of adults that want to adopt them and one adult can adopt more then one kid so even if there are more kids needing adoption then people willing to adopt them or atleast help them(even though I highly doubt that)doesnt mean that it is ok to be a murderer.And also prove what you said about babies not being able to feel also about the memory span thing well I cant rmember me being a year old but that doesnt mean it should be ok to kill 1 year olds and what about people that have a very bad memory due to either age or a mental problem?should they be killed also?

“Hi Peoples =) ”

a boring place
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Judged:

Tell-It wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really want a list of good reasons to get an abortion?
How about young age?
Rape victims?
Disabled/retarded?
Health problems?
Lack of income?
Please, dont get me wrong. I would love to live in a world where we could all have our children in harmony and not have these problems, but we do NOT live in that world.
Do you realise, that people will continue to do things, despite how illegal they are? Drugs? Murder? Rape? All illegal, yet all still practiced by many, many millions of people. Go ahead and outlaw abortion, and you will start to hear stories MUCH sicker than you hear today about home-made abortion labs and uncertified doctors OPERATING on patients in the middle of the woods in trailers and shacks, basements full of decomposing babies, young mothers dieing of infection, and so on.
Now when you say "diabled/retarded" do you mean the mom or the baby. If you mean the baby then that isnt a good reason to have them killed just because they are diffrent doesnt mean that they shouldnt have as much of a chance at life then "normal" people do even if there problem is life threatening because they can still survive after birth even with a life threatening disability.

the woods, Pa
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Judged:

Emelsu wrote:
<quoted text>First of all I already answered your question about if I have adopted and also there may be alot of kids needing to get adopted but there is alot of adults that want to adopt them and one adult can adopt more then one kid so even if there are more kids needing adoption then people willing to adopt them or atleast help them(even though I highly doubt that)doesnt mean that it is ok to be a murderer.And also prove what you said about babies not being able to feel also about the memory span thing well I cant rmember me being a year old but that doesnt mean it should be ok to kill 1 year olds and what about people that have a very bad memory due to either age or a mental problem?should they be killed also?
Okay, can you remember anything from inside your womb? Theres your proof.

Also, yes, many many mentally ill and elderly patients WANT to die.

Any more questions?

the woods, Pa
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Judged:

Emelsu wrote:
<quoted text>Now when you say "diabled/retarded" do you mean the mom or the baby. If you mean the baby then that isnt a good reason to have them killed just because they are diffrent doesnt mean that they shouldnt have as much of a chance at life then "normal" people do even if there problem is life threatening because they can still survive after birth even with a life threatening disability.
I meant the mother, which pretty much neutralises the rest of your paragraph.

“Hi Peoples =) ”

a boring place
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Judged:

Tell-It wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant the mother, which pretty much neutralises the rest of your paragraph.
Well this forum is about disabled BABIES being killed by abortions just because of their diability which wrong

Comments: 2214
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Judged:

(Just have to share this story)

My sister was pregnant with her first son. The doctor was running some tests and told my sister her son has Spina Bifida. He then asked her if she wanted to abort the fetus and of course she said "no." Well she had the baby and he was very healthy with no disabilities. This story makes me so sick to think what if she had aborted a healthy boy, just because the doctor was a complete moron and screwed up. And how many women out there are aborting healthy babies because our doctors don't even know what they are doing?
UGH
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Emelsu wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not old enough to adopt yet but when I get older and have atleast one kid of my own and if my husband would be OK with it then I would adopt a kid but I dont know how many.
Are you volunteering at the orphanage in the meantime?

the woods, Pa
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Judged:

Emelsu wrote:
<quoted text>Well this forum is about disabled BABIES being killed by abortions just because of their diability which wrong
It is not your place to say what a mother feels is right or wrong. If you dont like abortion and get pregnant with a disabled baby, then by all means, go ahead and have it with pride. But that choice is NOT for everyone!
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 1169
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (from Jul '07) 2 min gene d 43731
American Soldiers Rock 2 2 min RiverSpirit 19792
Why Should Jesus Love Me? 2 min Pernrider 27194
I love being white :) 3 min MPL 3
Prove there's a god. 3 min keltec 9mm 22794
Women, Do Not Marry An American Man, Period******* 3 min Southern Rock 8177
LETTER: Stand up for the unborn child (from Sep '07) 4 min z3ncat 104541