Showing posts 1 - 7 of 7
Worried Mom
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 4

Those pictures are fantastic and frightening. Its hard to be so far away from your son or daughter with something like this going on and not being able to be right there for them. The pictures and maps especially helpful. Keep them coming.
kate
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 4

any more photos? spur valley rod area?
Worried Mom in Chicago
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Worried Mom wrote:
Those pictures are fantastic and frightening. Its hard to be so far away from your son or daughter with something like this going on and not being able to be right there for them. The pictures and maps especially helpful. Keep them coming.
I have a child in school at UCSB and am worried sick right now. Yes, I agree, this makes it very difficult to be 2,300 miles from one's child....
Howard Buhse
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday

It's terrible to view fire. I worked at the University of California a Santa Barbara last year. I have been up on the route to the Painted Cave and along rout 154 many times. It's hard to imagine what the families wsho are living there are going through. Keep the images including maps of the fire and pictures.
Sb Native
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday

this picture is horrible as a santa barbara native. its hard to see my old town in this condition
Dave Vincent
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday

Worried Mom in Chicago wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a child in school at UCSB and am worried sick right now. Yes, I agree, this makes it very difficult to be 2,300 miles from one's child....
UCSB is far from the fires -- there are many many homes between the fire region and the campus ...
Ruth_Santa Maria
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday

The GAP fire has grown from 100 acres on Tuesday to well over 9,000 acres today, Sunday. As of last night fire crews were able to get it 28% contained. There are still evacuation warnings going on since the fires keep moving in different directions. Some of the brush in the canyons are over 15 feet tall so it makes it real hard to snuff out. Emergency personnel are exhausted but continue fighting hard. The governor ordered more personnel and equipment to fight this fire that is getting closer to heavily populated areas.
Air tankers can be seen from my window filling up with fire retardants at the Santa Maria airport. We receive regular updates from many sources. County emergency workers have staff working 24 hours – in shifts, manning the evacuation centers and the emergency command center. They are real troopers and unsung heros maintaining a great team effort to make sure people are evacuated safely and timely, particularly the disabled, and children. It is because of these hard working people that there are minimal casualties.
The US Forest Service western region dispatch units are the folks who coordinate the activities of the firefighting helicopters; airplanes; staging areas and even the personal needs of the firefighters, including food and toilets. Most folks never hear about the people working behind the scenes but they are all unsung heros.
Showing posts 1 - 7 of 7
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Goleta Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Two fires raging along California central coast 5 hr mary 8
Photo: Gap Fire, Goleta, CA 6 hr Hula Gal 4
Goleta fire doubles to 2,400 acres 9 hr Hrishikesh 4
California wildfires strain state's resources Sun Erik 4
California wildfires strain state's resources Sun Naultic 2
Weary Firefighters Continue Battling Goleta Blaze Sun mcaodh 2
No title Sun MJ C-L 1