Local news: Prather, CA  (change)

| 

Join the Topix community today: 

| 

Sign In

Advertisment
Offbeat

Boy banned from kindergarten because of long hair

A Texas school board will soon decide if a boy's long hair should keep him from attending school.

Read All 764 Comments

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 764
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:

“It's Y'all, Not You All!”

Comments: 1264
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

Hey, you allow that, then it's gonna be Shriek tatoos! Durn little thugs!

“HO-BAG TIL I DIE!!!!!!!”

Comments: 2540
BFE
ISP Location: Broadus, MT
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

Wow, the school would not be impressed with my nephew then...he has long black hair, with 2 red streaks in the front, ear pierced...pants with chains and bondage.....and he wears Goth make-up....what's so wrong with kids expressing how and who they are??? Let the kids be themselves, as long as it isn't harmful to others, maybe we wouldn't have so many damn school shootings.

“GET OUT AND VOTE!”

Comments: 1012
Portland, Oregon
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

I went to school in the late 60's, early 70's, and I had long hair most of the time. When did this become a problem? At one time, maybe the 6th grade, I had hair down to my ass. I would think they would ban the gross piercings these kids have now days. Hell, Jesus had long hair.
Jeffrey
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
Hey, you allow that, then it's gonna be Shriek tatoos! Durn little thugs!
Also, Durn little bugs!

“"hear me purr"”

Comments: 1196
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

What the rule about "No Kid Left Behind" now does not include boys with long hair???

“i am a stalker now too lol ”

Comments: 518
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

thats a bunch of crap , next thing you know they will be calling long hair on a boy child abuse, i cant stand people who have to tell others how to live. i suppose a girl would get kicked out if she shaved her haed too cause it bugged some one.
carla
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

i thought america was a free country i guess not
Jeffrey
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

Did you see this kid?. He looks like a girl..I don't think a boy should look like a girl.

“GET OUT AND VOTE!”

Comments: 1012
Portland, Oregon
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

Jeffrey wrote:
Did you see this kid?. He looks like a girl..I don't think a boy should look like a girl.
I didn't see the picture of him. I wonder if Liberace looked like a girl when he was a kid?
Jeffrey
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

I didn't see the picture of him, but i hate to see it become accepted...it scares me!

“i am a stalker now too lol ”

Comments: 518
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

Jeffrey wrote:
I didn't see the picture of him, but i hate to see it become accepted...it scares me!
It scares you? OH NO !!!!! long hair ..... RUN!

so what if he looks like a girl ? ive seen lots of women teachers who look like old men . now thats scarry . your one of those controll freaks that want every one to live according to your specifications this IS a free county.

you hope it dosnt become accepted . well im accepting it . I accept differce, its called tolerance .
jeff
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

hes got something else thats long too

“Wheeeeeeee!!!!!! !”

Comments: 5486
VI MASSIVE!!!!
ISP Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Nothing wrong here.
jeff
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

hes from texas im suprised cps didnt take all the kids in custody...
when will they ever learn i thought waco and oklahoma city taught them a lesson...guess not

“Catnip to a Lion...”

Comments: 212
Santa Cruz
ISP Location: Mountain View, CA
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

My BF is a Texan (no one is perfect I often tell him) he had long hair (still does, woohoo) at least in High School, I have no clue about before that.

My son has long hair, we are Lakota, and he went through K-12th with long hair, in California (Orange County K-9th, Santa Cruz 9th-12th) and no one said a thing. It never occurred to me that long hair on a boy/man was unusual.

Hell, my hair was nearly to my ankles as a child, til my biological mother had some sort of breakdown and cut it like Dorothy Hamil. Now I can't stand it once it gets to my waist, and I cut it. Well, I can't anymore, my BF won't let me. BLAH. But baby, it was all dead ends! I think he is catching on, darn it.

“#1 Dog mommy”

Comments: 3085
D-town
ISP Location: Pittsburgh, PA
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

It must be Kate Hudson's son that's being talked about. LOL. I loove long hair on guys, esp. Nat. American men, or Spanish men, but some little boys DO look like girls. I know they get teased mercilessly, but it's no fricking reason to kick them out of school. Kindergarten...c'mon. He didn't even know what the hell he'd done.

“all ashore”

Comments: 1138
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

If the girls can have long hair,

so can he.

“Does it really matter ?”

Comments: 2037
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

I went through HS in Texas in the 80's - we had long hair, no one cared. hell, our school had a student smoking section outside.
meg
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

this poor kid is being tortured for being himself....oh well get him used to people trying to impose their own conformities and fears now.
hometown girl
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 16

Judged:

While I don't believe that boys should have long hair, what gives the school the right to tell a child what length their hair can or can't be. This is getting ridicioulous, what's next a child can't go to school because they have a unibrow.
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 764
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Offbeat Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Multiple Personality Posters 2 min elphaba_ 1261
For all movie lovers,(like me)post some famous ... 2 min go green 2 28
Letters In The Sand....................... 2 min crystalteardrop 11
Does Anyone remember Party Line, share phone lines 3 min Regina 1
Feed Jake... Tell me your pet story... 3 min Wildbluerose 1
Jan Brady's Very First Pool Party - Be There 4 min Mommy of four 83
Celebrity Game 5 min kennidad75 1318
Related Topix Forums: The College of Wooster, The College of Idaho, The College of New Jersey, Texas State University System, Texas College