| 

Join the Topix community today: 

| 

Sign In

Advertisment
2008 Presidential Election

Sunday

No more hugs as Obama tears into McCain

So much for hugging in church. A day after Barack Obama and John McCain exchanged an embrace during a faith forum at a California megachurch, Obama called the U.S. economy a disaster thanks to "John McCain's president, George W. Bush," and chided his Republican rival's campaign team for trying to make him look unpatriotic and weak.

Read All 187 Comments

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 187
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
independent voter
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday

Judged:

As an undecided independent voter, I'm real happy we have had the opportunity to see the two candidates actually answer the same questions. To me, it was abundantly clear that McCain won my trust and this type of debate hands down. Although I have not yet made up my mind, and there is two+ months before the election, if this type of performance is the best Obama has to offer, I'm probably going with McCain. I hope to see more of this type of debate in the coming months.

Comments: 3297
Whitman,Ma
ISP Location: Whitman, MA
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday

Judged:

People with little experience generally make big blunders when they attack an experienced fighter. It is generally their last attack because the experienced fighter mauls them so bad that they become afraid of going back for more of the same.
Zeke
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday

www.GreenhouseFix.com
Dover
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday

Judged:

OBAMA lacks integrity, sevility and the experience to occupy the Oval Office. He is being led by his croonies who are going to steer him into everlasting defeat - which is where he belongs.

Voters have not forgotten what OBAMA is made of.
We know he is a full-fledged RACIST and a FANATICAL RADICAL MUSLIM. He changed his name to appease the radical muslims. He has since received hundred of millions of dollars to run his campaign; contributors are Syria, Teheran and Saudi Arabia. They want THEIR man in the White House (for obvious reason).

OBAMA's wife, a Hillary wanna-be, publicly declared they hate the United States and the Men who Found it.

THE HONORABLE JOHN MCCAIN IS OUR ONLY HOPE, OUR SAVIOUR.

“welcome back your conscience ”

Comments: 551
ISP Location: Jacksonville, FL
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday

Judged:

To all of the women voters, here is an issue that you may care about, maybe not. Since our rights are being rolled back maybe this is one you can do without, or maybe not. Maybe you’d like a 72 year old white haired old man controlling you and what you do with your body? This is one of McCains big ideas.

http://www.google.com/search...

http://www.google.com/search...
Summer Rain
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday

Judged:

Well, the above clueless wrong wing trolls have certainly made a rational case for voting for McCain, haven't they?

McCain is the savior, McCain is experienced, McCain is American, and Obama is a whole bunch of icky things.

McCain is a liar, and he lied at Saddleback.

Is McCain Now Copying Solzhenitsyn?

By Taegan Goddard | August 17, 2008 8:23 PM | Permalink | Comments (8)
Last week, a speech by Sen. John McCain had phrases that were likely lifted directly from Wikipedia.

Now it seems McCain may have lifted another story last night at megachurch pastor Rick Warren's Faith Forum. According to a very persuasive Daily Kos diary, the anecdote McCain told about a North Vietnamese prison guard making a cross in the dirt as a sign of solidarity -- or as he said, "just two Christians worshiping together" -- is very similar to a story about Alexander Solzhenitsyn and his times in the Soviet Gulags.

"As Solzhenitsyn stared at the Cross drawn in the dirt his entire perspective changed. He knew he was only one man against the all-powerful Soviet empire. Yet he knew there was something greater than the evil he saw in the prison camp, something greater than the Soviet Union. He knew that hope for all people was represented by that simple Cross. Through the power of the Cross, anything was possible."

Steven Waldman notes that McCain's recounting of this story has changed over the years and "has gradually morphed from being about the humanity of the guard to being about the Christian faith of the guard and John McCain."

Andrew Sullivan says that McCain's early accounts of his years as a POW do not even include this story.
http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/politicalinsider/...

The bloggers mentioned are linked at the site above.

Well, remember Clinton? It wasn't the s*x, it was the lying, remember? Are you going to hold McCain accountable? Or is it OK as long as a Republican does the lying?

Does a real Christian lie about matters of faith?

I'll be waiting with baited breath for the response.
Mitch
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday

Judged:

It was a suprised that no thrid party canadates where invited to the fourm. We see that the choice is globalist canadate 1 or 2 ?? But I know saddleback is a globalist church as well. The christian community is less clueless as every. Vote the lesser of two evils you still have evil. And the Bible says stay away from all evil. But But its the lesser of....all evil.... Both are bought and sold by the globalist foundations. That means they are anti-contitution what a dumbed down public...
Mitch
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday

Judged:

independent voter wrote:
As an undecided independent voter, I'm real happy we have had the opportunity to see the two candidates actually answer the same questions. To me, it was abundantly clear that McCain won my trust and this type of debate hands down. Although I have not yet made up my mind, and there is two+ months before the election, if this type of performance is the best Obama has to offer, I'm probably going with McCain. I hope to see more of this type of debate in the coming months.
Yes and Bush said he was a christian and there he was with the rest of the global elite at boehemian grove calif dancing around to pagan idols....
Comments: 203
usa
ISP Location: United States

Judged:

Wasn't it Obama that made a point of disliking the "tit-for-tat" negativity so prevalent in today's campaigning at the CIVIL forum?

So, Sunday, he gets right back into doing what he decried Saturday, running a negative, smear attack campaign.

Apparently, he just doesn't want it done to him.
usa

Judged:

Summer Rain wrote:
Well, the above clueless wrong wing trolls have certainly made a rational case for voting for McCain, haven't they?
McCain is the savior, McCain is experienced, McCain is American, and Obama is a whole bunch of icky things.
McCain is a liar, and he lied at Saddleback.
Is McCain Now Copying Solzhenitsyn?
By Taegan Goddard | August 17, 2008 8:23 PM | Permalink | Comments (8)
Last week, a speech by Sen. John McCain had phrases that were likely lifted directly from Wikipedia.
Now it seems McCain may have lifted another story last night at megachurch pastor Rick Warren's Faith Forum. According to a very persuasive Daily Kos diary, the anecdote McCain told about a North Vietnamese prison guard making a cross in the dirt as a sign of solidarity -- or as he said, "just two Christians worshiping together" -- is very similar to a story about Alexander Solzhenitsyn and his times in the Soviet Gulags.
"As Solzhenitsyn stared at the Cross drawn in the dirt his entire perspective changed. He knew he was only one man against the all-powerful Soviet empire. Yet he knew there was something greater than the evil he saw in the prison camp, something greater than the Soviet Union. He knew that hope for all people was represented by that simple Cross. Through the power of the Cross, anything was possible."
Steven Waldman notes that McCain's recounting of this story has changed over the years and "has gradually morphed from being about the humanity of the guard to being about the Christian faith of the guard and John McCain."
Andrew Sullivan says that McCain's early accounts of his years as a POW do not even include this story.
http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/politicalinsider/...
The bloggers mentioned are linked at the site above.
Well, remember Clinton? It wasn't the s*x, it was the lying, remember? Are you going to hold McCain accountable? Or is it OK as long as a Republican does the lying?
Does a real Christian lie about matters of faith?
I'll be waiting with baited breath for the response.
Do you really expect your rants to win over ANYONE that is NOT an Obama supporter?
Or, does Moveon.org pay you to do this?

(Go ahead, attack me for that, you seem to relish calling anyone that disagrees with you hateful and ignorant...which, by the way, is also, a very useful persuasion tactic!)
usa

Judged:

"....for trying to make him look unpatriotic and weak."

trying?

“Exposing frauds everyday”

Comments: 1237

Judged:

I remember McCain told a group of military people his greatest failing in life was giving information to the Vietnamese. I guess ones greatest moral failing depends on who is asking.

Comments: 603

Judged:

independent voter wrote:
Even though this was suppose to be a "Faith Forum", McCain turned it into his town hall meeting, I am not saying noting negative about that. But I saw the true contrast of both of the candidates while answering virtually the same questions. Obama's replies where elaborate and mainly based on family and faith while McCain replies where short, we are going to fight everyone and his war stories. I watch the forum twice to remove the emotion of me watching it the first time, and it was just that Obama stayed on topic which was suppose to be faith and McCain always gave a short faith answer then changed the subject of his answer. That is this whole campaign, Obama is the elaborate policy hound and McCain is the we will fight war story guy....I guess it is up to the people which one will serve the country better.
Pat H

Judged:

Obama indicated at the forum that experience was required to be named to the Supreme Court and Clarence Thomas was lacking in same and should not of been named.

I agree with him and carry his argument a touch further.

Experience is necessary to be President and he is lacking in same.

Therefore he should step aside and allow Senator Clinton to be our nominee and be elected. He can then spend the next eight years obtaining the necessary experience to be President.
drjohn

Judged:

Someone here on Topix really loves the HuffPo. It'd be nice if once in a while something from the Malkin blog was posted, just in balance.

In any case, Obama is going to have his hands full dodging the explanation of his outright lies to Rick Warren.

Obama said Rick Warren was his "friend" and yet he lied through his teeth to Warren.

If he lies to his "friends" so easily, one can only imagine what he'd do to us.
fence-rider

Judged:

"Someone here on Topix really loves the HuffPo."

aint that the truth

Comments: 603

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
Wasn't it Obama that made a point of disliking the "tit-for-tat" negativity so prevalent in today's campaigning at the CIVIL forum?
So, Sunday, he gets right back into doing what he decried Saturday, running a negative, smear attack campaign.
Apparently, he just doesn't want it done to him.
What negative attack did he do? I missed it. Please clarify
drjohn

Judged:

My, oh, my.

Obama is not going negative, is he?

After pledging to stay positive?

Not another campaign promise broken!
Sinnacle girl

Judged:

Fight fire with fire!

So we don't get burned again!

FLAG this CRAP!
http://spokane.craigslist.org/pol/800855194.h...

(this kind of fear-mongering smear is being posted all over our country!)
Roy

Judged:

freddy3 wrote:
<quoted text>What negative attack did he do? I missed it. Please clarify
You're obviously trying to bait someone into whether anything Obama said was a negative attack.

Did you even read the article? Sheesh....
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 187
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent 2008 Presidential Election Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obama wrong on guns 3 min Plant Lady 2343
Obama risking pro-life backlash 3 min Amazing Fakes 58
Did McCain lift POW story from Russian novelist? 4 min Pappa 194
Press put favored 'maverick' McCain where he is 5 min Judi 2
Obama reassures Democrats about White House win 7 min Terry 4
John McCain hires a Hollywood agent in hunt for... 7 min rocky hammer 61
Pelosi: Bush 'a total failure' 7 min Gerry 2523