Local: Park City, UT  (change)

| 

Join the Topix community today: 

| 

Sign In

Advertisment
2008 Presidential Election

What influences how you vote for President?

created by: Topix Pollster | Jan 7, 2008

Click on an option to vote

votes

• Posted in the 2008 Presidential Election Forum
  • Hot Polls | Recent Polls
  • political ads
  • newspaper articles
  • television reports
  • radio programs
  • a candidate's looks/appearance
  • the way a candidate speaks
  • ouji board
  • town hall meetings/events
  • televised debates
  • candidate web sites

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 323
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
regina k
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Judged:

I have a hznki for Hillary
Midwest Observer
AOL
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Judged:

All of the above

Hope you enjoy the following topix polls and this one.

http://www.republican-candidates.org/comparis ...
http://www.democratic-candidates.org/comparis ...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TESH3KI ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB57D72 ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/2008-presiden ...
http://www.topix.net/forum/city/economy-pa/T8 ...

http://www.topix.net/forum/music/pop-rock/TJR ...
Hovah Freeman
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Judged:

I would hope that some cyclists would pick their candidate based upon the positions they take on the critical issues. Whoever wrote this poll is far too interested in superficialities, much too little interested in the issues.

Comments: 22
Snohomish
ISP Location: Everett, WA
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Judged:

I would HOPE people choose candidates based on the issues. That's why I'm voting Ron Paul for president. ;3

This poll is so slanted.

Ron Paul '08

“Serenity Now!”

Comments: 3522
ISP Location: Northbrook, IL
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Hovah Freeman wrote:
I would hope that some cyclists would pick their candidate based upon the positions they take on the critical issues. Whoever wrote this poll is far too interested in superficialities, much too little interested in the issues.
Exactly! Good post.....I agree.

Comments: 2653
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Judged:

This is very interesting - please take a few moments and read it.

Who is Barack Obama?

Someth ing that should be considered when you make your choice.

If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all
your contacts...it is very scary to think of what could lie ahead for us
here in our own United States...better heed this and pray about it and share it.

We checked this out on " snopes.com

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born
in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, &nbs p;Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white Athiest from Wichita, Kansas.

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.
When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that he is not a radical.
Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta.

Wahabism is the RADICAL ISLAMIC teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim
background . ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.
Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own!!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?...... NOT ME!!!

“Serenity Now!”

Comments: 3522
ISP Location: Stow, OH
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Judged:

Thanks for posting, Glenn....good stuff. Barack Hussein OSAMA has no business running for President in this country.

“I Supported Operation Chaos”

Comments: 555
Miami, Florida
ISP Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Judged:

Voting record.(source: congress.org )
Will Rogers
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

None of the above. It's unfortunate you hit the main voting points in all of your choices.

I'll vote for whomever can get term limits passed for ALL politicians. 2 terms in any seat, in a lifetime, and you're out! That would do more to clean up politics than anything else.
Just An Observer
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

Glenn Dalton wrote:
This is very interesting - please take a few moments and read it.
Who is Barack Obama?
Someth ing that should be considered when you make your choice.
If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all
your contacts...it is very scary to think of what could lie ahead for us
here in our own United States...better heed this and pray about it and share it.
We checked this out on " snopes.com
Who is Barack Obama?
Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born
in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, &nbs p;Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white Athiest from Wichita, Kansas.
Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.
When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia. Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.
Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."
Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that he is not a radical.
Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.
Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta.
Wahabism is the RADICAL ISLAMIC teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim
background . ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.
Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.
Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.
The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States, one of their own!!!!
Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading our country?...... NOT ME!!!
Oh good Lord, the way the country is being run, I don't feel like reciting the Pledge of Allegience anymore.Let's see, we've been called unpatriotic, not believing in supporting troops if we don't like the war. The economy is in the tank.
Truth
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

The issues.
Truth
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

Will Rogers wrote:
None of the above. It's unfortunate you hit the main voting points in all of your choices.
I'll vote for whomever can get term limits passed for ALL politicians. 2 terms in any seat, in a lifetime, and you're out! That would do more to clean up politics than anything else.
That and the ability to fire otherwise protected government bureaucrats. We have to change the Washington infrastructure as well. It's business as usual as the country has started down the slippery sloop into eventual bankruptcy.
JFR-Clay
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

What kind of a poll does not give an option for ISSUES
POSITIONS ON POLICY
This is typical of our voters today.
Anything but the real issues
asdf
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

Agent CSL wrote:
I would HOPE people choose candidates based on the issues. That's why I'm voting Ron Paul for president. ;3
This poll is so slanted.
Ron Paul '08
you wont be voting for Ron Paul.. he wont even come close to getting the nomination.
JFR-Clay
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
you wont be voting for Ron Paul.. he wont even come close to getting the nomination.
Man you are really scared of this guy. You go forum to forum all day long hating on the good doctor.
You must be a government employee.
Scared sheep
asdf
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

JFR-Clay wrote:
<quoted text>Man you are really scared of this guy. You go forum to forum all day long hating on the good doctor.
You must be a government employee.
Scared sheep
I actually think he has some pretty good ideas. Just stating the fact that the populace wont go for someone as out there as him. Unless he runs as an independent no one will have the chance to vote for him for president
JFR-Clay
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually think he has some pretty good ideas. Just stating the fact that the populace wont go for someone as out there as him. Unless he runs as an independent no one will have the chance to vote for him for president
Thanks for your honesty.
In all fairness it will take a lot more than the good doctor can provide for us to get bak to our principles. His message is one of the constitution and freedom. It is apparent to all he is not a slick talking politician, so this election is a tough row to hoe. But freedom always come at a slow pace, brought by dedicated people willing to sacrifice for our childrens future. People call us names, trash our ideas, dismiss us as radicals who hate America, yet we keep hoeing along. Or as my God puts it, toiling.
I make no effort to sway your vote, ust keeppounding the issues I believe in.
Semper Fi ( always faithfull for those not in tune with our brothers in arms )
Myself
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

asdf wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you have never heard of writing in a candidate, if one's choice does not appear on the ballot. Silly.
Ray Rowland 74
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Hovah Freeman wrote:
You are so right and not what the Fox net work says.
Ray Rowland 74
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

The issues are what is important and not what the FOX net work try to puss down our throts.
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 323
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent 2008 Presidential Election Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Poll in 5 key states show McCain and Obama tied 3 min CopperClint 2
Abortion dividing Catholic votes 3 min Reality Bites 9
Palin to field questions from voters 3 min Blame The Re... 242
McCain Lies to Justify His "Lie Ads" on "The View" 3 min knowme1 2422
Palin: wrong woman, wrong message - Steinem 3 min cait 7589
Palin won't meet with 'Troopergate' investigator 3 min Plain Jane 1039
Whispers get loud around Michelle Obama 3 min Rochelletoo 32558