| 

Join the Topix community today: 

| 

Sign In

Advertisment
Journalism

Tuesday Sep 2

Reactions to largest U.S. immigration raid insensitive - Opinion

I always say the reason I got into the field of journalism was to educate my readers on issues they did not know about.

Read All 208 Comments

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 208
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:

“Natural laws have no pity”

Comments: 2333
Is where my home is.
ISP Location: Marathon, WI
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

Judged:

I just had to post this load of happy horseshit.

Straight from the writer of the article:
<blockquote>Yes, my parents were illegal immigrants and so was I, and no, we didn't jump a fence. We simply came to this country as visitors and decided not to leave. </blockquote>

Read the comments :)
Is that so
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

Judged:

As usual, this illegal alien seems to think that Americans don't have the right to be angry about illegal aliens in the U.S.

Applauding was probably the ONLY outlet these LEGAL workers had for the frustration and anger they feel about working side by side with those who don't HAVE to follow the same rules that we do.

Again, the audacity, and sense of entitlement that illegal aliens portray is clearly ingrained in this writer's 3rd world mentality.

"Journalist" is NOT what I would call the author of this typical illegal alien's point of view.
Finster
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

Judged:

I read that article and the union workers were saying that the illegals were getting 40 hours overtime and that THEY were discouraged from asking for it..

So yeah- I can imagine tension was high in that workplace.

It took three years of investigation before ICE had enough on the company to take it down and arrest the group.

Three years of quiet anger there.. it galls.
I dont pity the illegals who were FINALLY taken away.. I think I would have laughed very hard if I worked there and saw their short little legs running for the exits while they screamed "AIEEE!"

So there was a smattering of applause.
I think after work-- Id be having a fiesta.
Is that so
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

Judged:

"I always say the reason I got into the field of journalism was to educate my readers on issues they did not know about."

Educate US? Thanks, but I've "educated" myself, WITHOUT your pro illegal bias.

I've learned for myself about the insidious nature of illegals and their handlers......the lies, the twisting of TRUTH, the spin and the sob stories meant to garner sympathy for people who deserve NOTHING from me but my VOICE, refuting THEIR version of my country.
So What
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

Judged:

If I had been there, not only would I have applauded, but I also probably would have done back flips in glee.
anon
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

Judged:

Is that so wrote:
As usual, this illegal alien seems to think that Americans don't have the right to be angry about illegal aliens in the U.S.
Applauding was probably the ONLY outlet these LEGAL workers had for the frustration and anger they feel about working side by side with those who don't HAVE to follow the same rules that we do.
Again, the audacity, and sense of entitlement that illegal aliens portray is clearly ingrained in this writer's 3rd world mentality.
"Journalist" is NOT what I would call the author of this typical illegal alien's point of view.
It all came to be because of greedy Americans who want to undermine/cheat the supply and demand capitalism system. When you look at Bush policies enacted and tried to push through you see one common thread they all tried to take as much money from working people as possible. The social security privatization was a windfall for wall street and banks. The war and subsequent oil a windfall for Haliburton and oil on and on. Instead of being angry that congress is deadlocked you should be thanking your God every day or you wouldn't have anything left.

“SEND ILLEGALS HOME, McCAIN!!”

Comments: 715
Peavine
ISP Location: Rome, GA
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

Judged:

This rant is from California, by an idiot that became legal after their family invaded the US. Here is one of the most idiotic things in the article:

"The fact is, however, that most, if not all, of the "desirable" jobs that Americans cherish so much require a social security number, not mention the mastery of the English language, something most immigrants do not have right off the bat."

Apparently this isn't of any consequence if you steal someone's SSN and I know of no one that has mastery of the English language... period! Most illegals speak little to no English after DECADES in this country.

Go ICE!!!
Mike
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

MexicanBrownSupremacist wrote:
jejejejejejejeejeje.....
Screw yourselves crackers.
jejejejejejejejejeje....
You're a SHINING example of why AMNESTY will never make it! We was less of you and MORE from countries with something to offer! Supremacist? LOL

Comments: 350
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

Judged:

They break the law coming here and continue to break it to stay. Law abiding citizens? I think not! And then they don't even have to learn English. We capitulated to them. Send their kids back with them. Adios Amigos!
anon
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

Judged:

"I always say the reason I got into the field of journalism was to educate my readers on issues they did not know about."
I don't think you'll last very long being lazy.
Before you can educate others you should educate yourself instead of using stupid cliches patronization of American guilt and your stupid stories of broken families. Even birds know enough to nest in a safe place so don't blame us for their stupid decisions. Look at how fast the drivers license was turned around well when the American people demand the illegals get out they will.
LaRazaTalk
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Sep 2

I see MexicaBrownSupremacist put in his 2 cents! LOL What a LaRaza guy!
ceptfer
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

rojopa wrote:
They break the law coming here and continue to break it to stay. Law abiding citizens? I think not! And then they don't even have to learn English. We capitulated to them. Send their kids back with them. Adios Amigos!
If you're talking about "Illegal Entry", you're half right. "Illegal Entry" is not a continuing offense, unless they were formally deported. Once in the interior they are no longer entering and are guilty of "Illegal presence" which is not a crime.

Comments: 944
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

I am glad the other workers applauded. Although, it wasn't for the raid but for the jobs which will go legally to Americans.

Applaud on.
REX84
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

deport all the illegal alien criminal scabs.
and send all the business owners to prison.
american citizens are sick of all this crap.
areyou4real
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

And this reporter is happy that her scumbag parents broke our nations laws....wow....they sure were great role models...this is why our nation is crumbling....and this is why AMERICANS....yes AMERICANS will not tolerate another AMNESTY program. AMERICAN CITIZEN is a title that AMERICANS cherish. Those of who were born here LEGALLY, according to the 14th AMENDMENT realize that being a citizen comes with a responsibility to ensure this nation continues to prosper and thrive. That the AMERICAN way of life survives....and that AMERICAN way already has a language, a flag and a culture. We also bestow upon people not born here the title of AMERICAN CITIZEN because they have EARNED it by FOLLOWING OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS and waiting their turn to join this great nation of ours. To reward someone who has broken into our country is an insult to TRUE AMERICANS and diminishes the meaning and value of the title AMERICAN CITIZEN. Breaking into our nation should result in consequences....NOT REWARDS. If we continue to reward those who ignore our laws with citizenship, the value of being a citizen shall be minimal at best...we must resore the value of being an AMERICAN CITIZEN by only extending the privelege to those who EARN it by following the LAWS....only then will we be a nation of people who place Honor and Country above personal gain once again. Do NOT LET OUR POLITICIANS TRADE AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP FOR VOTES!!!
LongBeach
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

The problem is that we have allowed those that stay or enter our country illegally to become citizens. It is "IF you catch me I'll be in trouble, IF not I win!" We need to enforce our laws on those here illegally and the people that hire them!
REX84
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

<quoted text>
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!!!!
NO WONDER OBAMA IS ORDERING MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF PEPTO-BISMOL BOTTLES!
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!!!!
FOR ALL THE *****&*CKERS LIKE YOU WHO ARE SICK AND CAN'T DO SH*&*IT ABOUT IT!
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJa!!!!!!!
your post is something i scrape off the bottom of my boots do everyone a favor and crawl back under
your rock.
REX84
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

<quoted text>
Is that all you got?
Stupid loser.
Don't like what you read?..don't read it then.
Go and drill your butthole with your finger and smell it,you are allowed to play this game for two hours and then go to sleep ****.
say something in mexican you bag of mon-key sh-it
REX84
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

<quoted text>
Yeah right!
In no more than 60 days there will be 600 legal somalies working right next to them!
Meat packing plant sounds familiar?
Americans aren't getting sh*&*it back,you **** and complain too much about everything.
whats wrong all your family got deported?
go back to your illegal alien scab job of
cleaning the skid marks off the toilet.
Jrdn
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

"It is a matter of being human, and it is about tolerance. Simple as that."

I'm completely tolerant of the law-abiding
immigrants. What I won't tolerate is the
stealing of our jobs, affordable housing,
limited medical care, school seating and
more that rightfully belongs to Americans
and immigrants. Illegal aliens are not
immigrants, not Americans and not welcome!

Illegal aliens can be humans all they want
in their own country.

Here, they are thieving liars living nothing
more than the illusion of the American dream.
You have to earn the dream not steal it.
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 208
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Journalism Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Charlottesville Sports Reporters 4 hr Ralph 1
Should the pregnancy of Sarah Palin's daughter ... 5 hr Cousin Jethro 76
Going to heart of Sarah Palin story 5 hr Deanna Adams 8
Bloggers revolutionize political coverage - panel 5 hr Kev-0 1
Critiques of paper are for the best 6 hr Loraina Bobbit 2
Pacific journalists focus on media's role in de... (from Feb '08) 6 hr JF Aus 12
2 journalists attacked, 1 killed in Russia 7 hr Juan McCain 1
Related Topix Forums: Opinion, Immigration Reform