search:   
[Control Panel] [Register] [Bookmarks] [Who's Online] [Active Topics] [Stats] [FAQ] [Search]

Get to know BLiTZWiNG...  
Full Name  
Nickname BLiTZWiNG 
State/Province, Country Queensland   Australia
GD Gathering City Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1032  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/10/2006 10:02:44 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Game Programming Gems 4: Large World Coordinates I'm building a large world coordinate system into my game (been thinking about it for a long long time), and I decided to use the LWC in GPG4, except I've come across what I think is a bug in Mr Freese's code. Well, that's why I'm here. To me it seem... 
Posted July 27, 2008 7:33:38 AM
Scene / GameObject lists Just trying to manage my scene graph, and I want to manage my list of game objects too. Is it common practice to have seperate lists, a list of game objects with pointers to scene nodes, or better to inherit from some base object that is either the s... 
Posted June 9, 2008 5:16:22 AM
Learning Calculus I've spent quite a bit of time searching the interweb looking for a good beginning to calculus, I suppose I should say practical calculus, in that I don't really care about formulae for the sake of formulae. I did learn this stuff in high school (... 
Posted December 27, 2007 11:34:15 PM
Calculating Target Lead Ok, unfortunately my maths ability isn't the best, otherwise I could probably work this out on my own, so I have come here for a gentle hand or pointer to some information. I am trying to calculate the "leading" hint in a 3D space game I'm wr... 
Posted July 30, 2007 9:27:17 AM
3DS Max - XNA: Rotation doesn't stick Let me start by saying I am a programmer, not an artist, so I only occasionally dabble in the art packages. In max I have made a simple plane (Standard Primitives -> Plane) then adding a material map (a .bmp I made). The plane is created &... 
Posted April 4, 2007 6:55:05 PM
Garage Games? What happened to their website? it's been down about 4 days now.. anyone know? 
Posted March 8, 2007 5:59:15 PM
C# Game Engines... I've spent the last 6 years mucking around in C++ (and 7 years prior to that in assembler and Delphi) trying to develop my skills and my attempt at a simple game, but I always found myself fighting with the engine that I was writing. Fighting in the... 
Posted July 26, 2006 7:23:13 AM
C# GUI engines Are there any open source/free gui engines around? I'm contemplating using Irrlicht.NET but it doesn't yet have gui part built, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any libraries for C#. [Sorry for posting in the wrong forum...] 
Posted July 4, 2006 7:34:38 PM
[MDX] Vector3.Project doesn't work. [Edited] After Jack told me it was the right way to go (and I had suspected so), I started trying to implement it, never having done it before but thinking I understood how it worked. Well, I obviously don't. I see that I'm not the first person to have... 
Posted April 15, 2006 11:02:18 PM
[MDX] - Sprites and DirectX fonts I posted this on the MSDN forums, but I've not had a bite. I'm really only looking for a direction, not someone to solve my problem. -- I've been searching high and low in samples, forums, google etc all day as well as trying every co... 
Posted April 13, 2006 5:40:45 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Does anyone know what a game publisher does? Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper Cowarts wrote: >I dont have the cash. Oh! You made it sound before like you did. You need cash to start a company! What!?! Bananas don't cut it any more?? 
Posted August 22, 2008 12:34:33 AM
The Daily GameDev.net Quote:Original post by coldacid Quote:Original post by mittens Quote:Original post by coldacid FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3. FALLOUT 3... 
Posted August 22, 2008 12:12:24 AM
Am I to old to start? To qualify my experience, I was always interested in programming, had always done it as a hobby, but never got a job doing it until I was 25. I'm 32 now and just got myself a job with a large portland based company, with a near 6 figure salary :) 
Posted August 21, 2008 5:35:30 AM
Am I to old to start? It's never too late. If you like it, you'll be good at it. 
Posted August 21, 2008 5:16:59 AM
GameDeveloperTools.com has officially launched! Nice :) 
Posted August 19, 2008 2:43:37 AM
GameDeveloperTools.com has officially launched! Great site, great idea! Though I agree with stimarco, the Middleware section probably should be named Tools or something like that. 
Posted August 18, 2008 7:49:55 PM
Best budget Game Engine??? Irrlicht isn't a game engine, its a graphics engine. You'll still need libraries for everything else (sound, physics, game etc), but it's certainly not bad. 
Posted August 18, 2008 12:24:15 AM
Shaders I'm sure there are even better ways, but keeping all your shaders in a list and having the models point to them is not a bad idea. If storing your shader in the model means you have to duplicate the shader or some parts of it to use it elsewhere,... 
Posted August 17, 2008 11:54:53 PM
The Daily GameDev.net Quote:Original post by Dragon88 Quote:Original post by BLiTZWiNG I'm not looking forward to Spore. Never was. It'll probably be a good game, but there is nothing about it that says to me "buy me... pay money for me!". I did however finally go out a... 
Posted August 17, 2008 10:52:43 PM
Another game on Elemental Engine 2 Looks good! You're engine sounds good too. Is it free? Cheap? High End expensive like? 
Posted August 17, 2008 8:39:37 PM
View All Replies Made By This User