Local News: Columbia, SC 

| 

| 

Sign In

Advertisment
Columbia, SC

Tuesday Oct 7

Feds Raid Greenville Chicken Plant

The Associated Press reported Oct. 7 that federal authorities have raided House of Raeford's Columbia Farms chicken plant in Greenville in a search for illegal immigrants.

Read All 189 Comments

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 189
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
cricket23
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Oct 7

Judged:

by Dan Cook, October 7th 10:58am

The Associated Press reported Oct. 7 that federal authorities have raided House of Raeford's Columbia Farms chicken plant in Greenville in a search for illegal immigrants. They have detained more than 300 suspected illegal immigrants, according to the AP.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin McDonald says a recent investigation of workers at the plant found the vast majority — about 775 out of 825 — using false papers. Federal authorities have stepped up such raids in recent months in response to public pressure on illegal immigration.

Gov. Mark Sanford signed one of the toughest immigration reform bills in the country in June. The bill will require South Carolina employers to verify the immigration status of their workers with a federal system called E-Verify.

Proponents say the measure is necessary to address the large number of immigrants working in the state without legal documentation. Opponents say the measure will wreak havoc on South Carolina's economy, especially in such areas as agriculture, construction and tourism.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the employer. Did you ever notice how the opponents cry about the economy when the illegal aliens get deported. I guess it's because they'll have to pay a decent salary to the Americans that replace them!
smudge
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Oct 7

Judged:

"Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin McDonald says a recent investigation of workers at the plant found the vast majority — about 775 out of 825 — using false papers."

Management HAD to know they were violating the law by hiring these criminals.
Mr. McDonald: Charge the management at the House of Raeford!
ddh
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Oct 7

Judged:

The time of the Illegal Immigrants in America is up they are being deported at a Record number keep up the good work ICE !!!!!

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Comments: 16021
Lansing, IL - now: Pompano, FL
ISP Location: Boca Raton, FL
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Oct 7

Judged:

smudge wrote:
"Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin McDonald says a recent investigation of workers at the plant found the vast majority — about 775 out of 825 — using false papers."
Management HAD to know they were violating the law by hiring these criminals.
Mr. McDonald: Charge the management at the House of Raeford!
Isn't that the truth! Can you imagine? That's 94% of their workers. Sick, sick, sick!

They'd better also be prosecuting the owners, as well as those doing the hiring...along with deporiting those illegals. While they're at it, they should be able to raid the homes of those found to be illegally here, to look for illegal family members, so we can send them all home together! Keep the family together...
Whitey
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Oct 7

Judged:

another 700 or so--not bad but a far cry from 20 million--keep it up!
TheVinylVillager
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Oct 7

Judged:

I wish they would cover those damn chickens when they drive em down the highway...Im sick of hitting feathers.
Seattle guy
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Oct 7

Judged:

Great news! We need to stick together here and show the ice guys our support. They need our reassurance that we approve of them catching the illegals. Im sure the are being bombarded with negative responces,prejudise,raceism and all that garbage. Keep up the great work guys!

“Natural laws have no pity”

Comments: 2408
Is where my home is.
ISP Location: Plover, WI
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

It is a violation of law for any person to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection in any place, including any building or means of transportation, any alien who is in the United States in violation of law. Harboring means any conduct that tends to substantially facilitate an alien to remain in the U.S. illegally. The sheltering need not be clandestine, and harboring covers aliens arrested outdoors, as well as in a building. This provision includes harboring an alien who entered the U.S. legally but has since lost his legal status. The penalty for felony harboring is a fine and imprisonment for up to five years. The penalty for felony alien smuggling is a fine and up to ten years' imprisonment. Where the crime causes serious bodily injury or places the life of any person in jeopardy, the penalty is a fine and up to twenty years' imprisonment. If the criminal smuggling or harboring results in the death of any person, the penalty can include life imprisonment. Convictions for aiding, abetting, or conspiracy to commit alien smuggling or harboring, carry the same penalties. Courts can impose consecutive prison sentences for each alien smuggled or harbored. A court may order a convicted smuggler to pay restitution if the alien smuggled qualifies as a victim under the Victim and Witness Protection Act. Conspiracy to commit crimes of sheltering, harboring, or employing illegal aliens is a separate federal offense punishable by a fine of up to $10,000 or five years' imprisonment. (13 hrs ago | post #4)

“The Painful Truth”

Comments: 128
ISP Location: Fresno, CA
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

Tar and feather every one of those chicken-pluckin' illegals...

“No to Osama Obama”

Comments: 1739
here
ISP Location: Amadeo, Philippines
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

I've been saying for months now ICE needs to hit every major chicken farm, and processing plant in the United States all at one time. I know the price will go sky high for a few months. So what eat Pork the other white meat till the price falls back. In the end it will mean more jobs for Americans.

“Cars, Bikes and Trucks Oh MY !”

Comments: 4387
Oct 25 th Car Show !
ISP Location: Columbia, SC
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

cricket23 wrote:
by Dan Cook, October 7th 10:58am
The Associated Press reported Oct. 7 that federal authorities have raided House of Raeford's Columbia Farms chicken plant in Greenville in a search for illegal immigrants. They have detained more than 300 suspected illegal immigrants, according to the AP.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin McDonald says a recent investigation of workers at the plant found the vast majority — about 775 out of 825 — using false papers. Federal authorities have stepped up such raids in recent months in response to public pressure on illegal immigration.
Gov. Mark Sanford signed one of the toughest immigration reform bills in the country in June. The bill will require South Carolina employers to verify the immigration status of their workers with a federal system called E-Verify.
Proponents say the measure is necessary to address the large number of immigrants working in the state without legal documentation. Opponents say the measure will wreak havoc on South Carolina's economy, especially in such areas as agriculture, construction and tourism.
It will be interesting to see what happens to the employer. Did you ever notice how the opponents cry about the economy when the illegal aliens get deported. I guess it's because they'll have to pay a decent salary to the Americans that replace them!
Oh well guess Columbia farms will be going under soon .
don't sound like too many whites or blacks care to do the job these people are doing.
lets see how many jump to take their place
Don't get me wrong I'm not pro illegal
but I do see some industries needs for them
Take out taxes force them to become a US citizen . Or give them da boot !
JohnGait
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday

Judged:

FlappityYappitty wrote:
Tar and feather every one of those chicken-pluckin' illegals...
And 10 times worse for those who employ them, including the CEO, CFO, and the Board of Directors, because they too are criminals.

Enforce and Fund all those laws!
Secure the border
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday

Judged:

CAPTAIN_JACK SPARR0W wrote:
<quoted text>
don't sound like too many whites or blacks care to do the job these people are doing.
Why so they can start breeding like rabbits and recreate Mexico.
yumyum
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday

Judged:

Chicken shortage! No gas, no rain, no financial security....and now no chicken!

“Cars, Bikes and Trucks Oh MY !”

Comments: 4387
Oct 25 th Car Show !
ISP Location: Columbia, SC
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday

Judged:

Secure the border wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so they can start breeding like rabbits and recreate Mexico.
Then come on up here and slaughter some chickens hell it's easy right you only gotta pump out a few thousand a day and hell whats a little blood and chicken head in ya boots
Don't worry about after shave when you come home you will be stinkin to high heaven!
sit down there in ya condo and play with your Cuban maid !
cricket23
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday

Judged:

<quoted text>
Now I understand,you pick and choose which Federal laws you would obey! Do you teach that to your children?

Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)

"Any person who ... encourages or induces an alien to ... reside ... knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such ... residence is ... in violation of law, shall be punished as provided ... for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs ... fined under title 18 ... imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:

* assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or

* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or

* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Oh,do your really think that illegal aliens would become good American citizens if you force them to become one or do you care?

“Illegals are not immigrants...”

Comments: 2774
Mid-south, USA
ISP Location: Corinth, MS
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday

Judged:

Imagine this visual, if you will, they were running for the doors like chickens without their heads...I bet that was a sight to behold.
underhay
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday

Judged:

Richard retired US Army wrote:
I've been saying for months now ICE needs to hit every major chicken farm, and processing plant in the United States all at one time. I know the price will go sky high for a few months. So what eat Pork the other white meat till the price falls back. In the end it will mean more jobs for Americans.
surprise! guess who is working at the pork processing plants?

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Comments: 16021
Lansing, IL - now: Pompano, FL
ISP Location: Boca Raton, FL
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday

Judged:

<quoted text>
So we should just reward their crime? Not on your life!

Besides, I guess you missed those raids last year on some processing plant -- the one they had in the paper after the illegals were taken away, and there was a line of AMERICANS willing to take the jobs the illegals had just left. They said there was something like over 200 people wanting like 60 jobs that had opened up, or something like that. Either way, there was more than double the people waiting for applications than there were jobs available.

Obviously there *are* Americans willing to do those jobs. And, with unemployment climbing right now, I suspect more and more will be willing.
allen
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday

Judged:

<quoted text>
I agree with Captain Jack. At least these illegal immigrants work hard for their money, while there are millions of lazy ass "legal" Americans just doing nothing (well, they do a lot of things by getting pregnants over and over again) and get welfare, foodstamps,... you name it. Basically these so-called "legal" Americans are just stealing other hard-working American tax-payers. Now you tell me, who should be deported?
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 189
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Poll: 15.5 Million Unemployed, Illegals GO HOME NOW!!!!! 12 min Sothern Patriot 3
County smoking bans go into effect 18 min TomSawyer65 63
Elijah saw the wheel (from Sep '07) 34 min CAPTAIN_J... 26697
Obama is watching!!!!!!!!!! 49 min White Justice 45
3,000 People Stung by Jellyfish Near Hilton Head (from Aug '07) 1 hr Stan Kowalew... 20
Actor Patrick Swazye Diagnosed with Cancer (from Mar '08) 1 hr Joe 111
Evolution Debate May Return to SC School Board (from Dec '07) 1 hr Primewonk 788
Related Topix Forums: Immigration Reform