Welcome to PalmOpenSource.com
The PalmOS Open Source Portal

"The basic idea behind open source is very simple. When programmers on the Internet can read, redistribute, and modify the source for a piece of software, it evolves. People improve it, people adapt it, people fix bugs. And this can happen at a speed that, if one is used to the slow pace of conventional software development, seems astonishing...
...The Open Source pages exist to make this case to the commercial world."    - Introduction to Open Source - www.opensource.org

Forums

Index:
* Open Devel.
* Open Software
* Web site

Quick Access

PalmOS Software: Business * Calculators * Clocks * Database * Desktop * DOC * Emulators * Games * Graphics * Hacks * Internet * IR / Beaming utilities * Leisure * Music * Navigation * Programming * Programming Libs * Science * Security * System
Open Hardware: Memory Upgrades * Sensors
Documentation: Programming * Understanding Open Source

Zaurus free software

PocketPC free software
PalmOpenSource.com Forums :
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 
"Draw" dinamically image on Palm device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PalmOpenSource Forum Index -> Open Development on PalmOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccorsani
Neophyte Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: "Draw" dinamically image on Palm device Reply with quote

Hi all,

my problem is to "draw dinamically" an image on a palm device snet by a PC server via bluetooth. I think there's two way:

1 - create a palm native bitmap format on the server and send the "blob" to palm device. I have experimented that solution but still no results. In particular I used a source code found in http://www.kawt.de/doc/palmimages.html that convert gif to Palm native
Bitmap Format. It runs. After converting I sent my image to palm and "store" it in this way:

bitmapBufferH = MemHandleNew(len);
    bitmapBufferPtr = MemHandleLock(bitmapBufferH);

..... put bytes directly in bitmapBufferPtr ...

WinDrawBitmap(bitmapBufferPtr, 26, 15);
    MemHandleFree(bitmapBufferH);

a "strange" image appear ... if someone can suggest where may I'm wrong.

2 - Send directly to the palm device a png (or other well known format) image and "draw" it. I know that ZBoxZ has a png viewer ... the problem is that a need a library to view a png image, not an app. Is it possible to modify such source code to derive a png lib (and of course let it freely used)?

If someone have suggestions they are wellcome.

Thanks to all
ccorsani@sw-n.it
FIRENZE - ITALY
hansschmucker
Neophyte Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's best to let the PC do the transcoding from a complex format to PackBits compressed PalmBMP files, then send them. Now all you have to do is store that bitmap and then paint it. Just don't forget to allocate enough memory!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PalmOpenSource Forum Index -> Open Development on PalmOS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: