Advertisment

Join the Topix community today: 

| 

Sign In

US News

Friday

Former Sen. Jesse Helms Dies At 86

Jesse Helms, the five-term Republican Senator from North Carolina, has died, CBS News has confirmed. He was 86.

Read All 99 Comments

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of 99
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
jimmy farter
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday

Judged:

Jessie Helms was a Great Man! He was an excellent Republican Senator from the proud state of N.C.!!!!!

Helms voted for & was instrumental in the 1960's Civil Rights Act - unlike al gore's father, a democrat that voted against the Civil Rights Act!!

Jessie Helms R.I.P.!!!!!!!

God Bless You!!!!!!!!

Comments: 3182
Whitman,Ma
ISP Location: Whitman, MA
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday

Judged:

The Senate cgot things done when he was there. They could all fight and end up doing their jobs that we sent them there to do. Now they dont know how to fight and all they do is bicker and produce nothing that they are elected to do. Congress is a mess and needs to be clened out by both Democrat and Republican voters in Nov.
Ed Davis
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday

Judged:

jimmy farter wrote:
Jessie Helms was a Great Man! He was an excellent Republican Senator from the proud state of N.C.!!!!!
Helms voted for & was instrumental in the 1960's Civil Rights Act - unlike al gore's father, a democrat that voted against the Civil Rights Act!!
God Bless You!!!!!!!!
What the hell are you talking about. Helms had nothing to do with the passage of the Civl Right Act. He didn't run for office until 1972, 8 years after it became law.
DDT
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday

Judged:

jimmy farter wrote:
God Bless You!!!!!!!!
.........."Fox News" reporting..........
DDT
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday

Judged:

jimmy farter wrote:
God Bless You!!!!!!!!
.....I'm sure if he was a "Democrat", he wouldn't be a "Great Man" according to this "Bush licker"..........
Miyamoto Musashi
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday

Judged:

It's amazing how correct Senator Helms was on so many important issues. These attacks on him as racist are thoroughly debunked by the fact that James Meredith was a staff member for him.
joy to the world
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday

Judged:

jimmy farter wrote:
God Bless You!!!!!!!!
yay...the evil old witch is dead...time for all you old farts to go....

also, this story reminds me of that star trek movie, where khan says "with my last breath i curse thee" wouldn't you know, one of the worst of the fat old white men who did the most to take away civil rights dies on the day we celebrate our freedom?

ironic....and unfortunate, the date i mean.
joy to the world
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday

Judged:

Miyamoto Musashi wrote:
It's amazing how correct Senator Helms was on so many important issues. These attacks on him as racist are thoroughly debunked by the fact that James Meredith was a staff member for him.
i don't know where you got your history, but you are amazingly ignorant...do they show fox news in germany?

Comments: 137
earth
ISP Location: Wilmington, NC

Judged:

hell has a new resident. i hope his death was slow and painful and i hope his family hurts deeply for years. he was a hateful racist azzhole and having an uncle tom you work with doesnt make you not a racist. i wish i could take a sh1t on his grave. any of you carolina rednecks who dont like it let me know if you wanna come to wilmington and see me
Miyamoto Musashi

Judged:

James Meredith, who was the first student opening the University of Mississippi to Negro citizens worked for Jesse Helms. You have a problem with that?

=
joy to the world wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know where you got your history, but you are amazingly ignorant...do they show fox news in germany?

“Svefn-g-Englar”

Comments: 3365
Heima
ISP Location: Omaha, NE

Judged:

I have a friend who has a hotline into all matters of a supernatural nature and she told me today that there were some pretty frantic negotiations going on between heaven and hell last night. Satan really didn't want Jesse on his turf. he was afraid the evil old bastard would make him look as if he'd gone soft and lost the old evil touch. Of course, the good guys didn't want him so a deal was made in which Satan agrees to take custody of Jesse in exchange for continued control over the Republican Party and heaven gets stuck with GW Bush.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope the old bastard is turning on a spit right now!
joy to the world

Judged:

while you may not know what an uncle tom is...that is an appropriate reference to meredith, and while unlike derik who wants to shite on his grave, i would not, for my shite is too good for this pig, even dead...but i would like to know where he is layed out, and poke a needle in his eye, just to make sure he is dead and gone....

now it's time for rushy limpballs.....
joy to the world
Skunk River Joe wrote:
I have a friend who has a hotline into all matters of a supernatural nature and she told me today that there were some pretty frantic negotiations going on between heaven and hell last night. Satan really didn't want Jesse on his turf. he was afraid the evil old bastard would make him look as if he'd gone soft and lost the old evil touch. Of course, the good guys didn't want him so a deal was made in which Satan agrees to take custody of Jesse in exchange for continued control over the Republican Party and heaven gets stuck with GW Bush.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope the old bastard is turning on a spit right now!
:)

“They put a rifle in my hand...”

Comments: 529
said go kill the yellow man
ISP Location: Livingston, TN

Judged:

im guessing not too many people, outside his own family, will mourn the passing of this vile little man.He was an embarrassment to his state but more embarrassing was the mentality of the inbreds who kept re-electing him.
Miyamoto Musashi

Judged:

Uncle Tom never opened up any educational opportunities, nor expanded civil rights for Negroes. James Meredith did, which is a helluva lot more than most posting on these message boards.

Jesse Helms was correct on China, the UN, the invasion of the State Department by Leftist loony sleepers and so many other things. History has shown him correct.

=
joy to the world wrote:
while you may not know what an uncle tom is...that is an appropriate reference to meredith, and while unlike derik who wants to shite on his grave, i would not, for my shite is too good for this pig, even dead...but i would like to know where he is layed out, and poke a needle in his eye, just to make sure he is dead and gone....
now it's time for rushy limpballs.....
DDT

Judged:

deric wrote:
hell has a new resident. i hope his death was slow and painful and i hope his family hurts deeply for years. he was a hateful racist azzhole and having an uncle tom you work with doesnt make you not a racist. i wish i could take a sh1t on his grave. any of you carolina rednecks who dont like it let me know if you wanna come to wilmington and see me
....I would like to come back to Wilmington to buy you a drink, for your comment!!
The Real Republican

Judged:

Another great man has left for heaven. The party shall be lesser becaus of it.

God bless his service and moral understanding of the world.

RIP

Comments: 2167

Judged:

One thing you can say about Senator Helms. You knew where he stood. Unlike policitians today who dare not draw a line in the sand on any issue, rather vacilate, double speak and say things in such a way to allow them to lean one way or the other. Depending that is. On which way the wind blows.

Not one to wet his finger and put it up in the air before making opinion. That alone , whether you agree or disagree with his stance, is a measure of merit. How many today do not live by that which they are convinced?

Comments: 2167

Judged:

LOL..... good ridence to bad? HAH! If Senator Helms was in his hayday, you think the 'insourcing' of jobs the past 10 years and porous borders would not be dealt with firmly? Can anyone post a legislation he authored or sponsored during his tenure that is not at its heart thought out as best for Americans and american families?
P of V

Judged:

deric wrote:
I always love it when a Liberal shows his true colors. All that talk about tolerance, inclusion, free speech, understanding.

Then the truth comes out...straight from their own mouths...like a cheating husband who accuses the faithful wife, they demonize those whose loyalty exposes their unfaithfulness.

They get religion when one who dared challenge them dies...just enough religion to show their true hate filled bigoted & hypocritical nature.
Showing posts 1 - 20 of 99
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent US News Discussions
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CNN Poll: Most say Founding Fathers would be di... 3 min JohnInLa 33
The appeal of Obama 3 min Anonymous1 392
UF student Tasered at Kerry forum after electio... (from Sep '07) 3 min exiled 454
Obama braces for race-based ads 4 min blacktop 1721
Poll: Should the US have universal healthcare? (from Oct '07) 4 min Phil Gray 24629
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband 5 min Motorhead Fan 4603
Feds launch massive pot sting 5 min Alex 196